[RELEASED] English Electric Wren

Works for me. Still win!

Haha yeah probably :joy:

Ouch, I had forgotten about the Wildcat release! So now Iā€™ve got two downloads running.

I think Iā€™ll test the Wren first though, just because itā€™s so awesomely odd.

1 Like

Looks like there are quite a few people downloading the Wildcat right now, the download speed is quite low :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Time for a rest race in the Wren. Itā€™ll be speeded up after that!

1 Like

No windscreen? Insert bugs in teeth. Lovely model!

1 Like

Iā€™ll be at Duxford in hopefully the next 10 mins or so =)

This thing is amazing in VR! Removes the problem with forward visibility entirely.

So far Iā€™ve only tried the 3 HP version. Itā€™s really slow, in a good way! It also feels surprisingly heavy, a nice change compared with the other ultralights.

Now I only wonder whose bright idea it was to place that exhaust pipe where they did. Nothing like a sniff of fresh air whilst airborne, eh?

Oh manā€¦ Iā€™m not on the PC next couple of evenings otherwise Iā€™d definitely have plopped in!!

1 Like

Then letā€™s do that on another date =) We could also race the 8hp Wren vs the Flying Flea :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Just landed from my first flight. Thoroughly enjoyable Iā€™ll have to say!

As a nice side-effect I now also got some glider experience. Never tried any gliders before but the Wren works quite well in that regard.

Also, that Winter Kit is awesome! Maybe a bit overkill, what do you think? Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be nice and toasty once winter comes. Seriously though, didnā€™t people ever feel cold in the twenties?

1 Like

Yeah letā€™s!! Join my Discord if you want so we can hook up! :slight_smile:

(Ping me a DM if you canā€™t find it)

1 Like

Iā€™ve already flown the Wren for about four hours in the past two days and itā€™s quickly become one of my favourites. I think it will enter my Top 10 list this month. Tested both the regular and the 3 HP version and personally I feel like I prefer the 3 HP version. Great fun to fly around and a good plane to learn patience as well - no point being in a hurry, this plane will not go fast no matter how much you squirm in the pilotā€™s seat. Suits me well, many planes I enjoy are quite slow.

Iā€™ve got to say, Rara Avis has become one of my go-to developers.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support, at the moment the Just Flight installers are borkedā€¦ thanks @Baracus250 for letting me know. New installers will be uploaded tonight and hopefully get published tomorrow. :+1:

1 Like

Is it planned for marketplace as well?

Yes, once I have the localization files, I can upload and test for marketplace ingestion.

2 Likes

Is there any update on this? I love this aeroplane and would love to get it from the Marketplace.

Iā€™m just waiting for MS to sign it off then I can do my testing, hopefully it wonā€™t be long.

2 Likes

Available now on the Marketplace

4 Likes

I must admit, I am thoroughly enjoying this plane on the Xbox! I remember seeing it in Shuttleworth and never thought Iā€™d get a chance to experience it (albeit virtually)!

1 Like