RELEASED! Just Flight Bae146 "the Little Jumbojet" April 29th

Ah yeah, forgot that obviously with the trigger on the gamepad that won’t work because it springs back.
As for having all 4 throttles on the one quadrant lever, that sounds like a good compromise, especially as the real plane lets you sync the four engines as well. You wouldn’t be able to start each engine individually though.

I’m getting a white screen on authentication… windows 11. Anyone else?

Anyone having an issue where going direct to a waypoint on the FMS, engage the LNAV the A/C just starts to turn left into a 30degree turn never going direct to the waypoint? even if you line it up on the track and engage LNAV it will still turn away

Did you hit EXE in FMS after selecting DIR to the new waypoint? You also need the HSI yellow switch on the front panel switched over to HSI/RNAV. and AP+LNAV mode engaged. It should work. I’ve had DIR to function working a few times now as I have had a few flight plan track issues relating to the start of the flightplan that required DIR to interventions to get the aircraft on track. It’s probably because of my unfamiliarity with the WT FMS - it’s close to the CRJ but not quite.
I’ve also seen a few FMS ‘hang’ like things where it continually says ‘working’ after doing a change, but I find I have to hit ‘EXE’ and it’s then fine after that situation too.

1 Like

How cool, you can adjust the cockpit seat positions as well as slide the jump seat into position. The things you get up to on a long flight. :grinning:

4 Likes

Could be related to the issues introduced in SU9.
Many are experiencing stutters and Frame drops.

OK, did my first ILS approach. For those that need to find out-

• Use flightplan(VNAV) or manual (HDG) mode to get yourself lined up on approach.
  • Have ILS frequency dialed in to the VHF/NAV panel
  • Switch HSI (yellow switch) to NAV
  • When in range hit V/L to lock on to the LOC {you should hear a call out from your copilot} and localiser should be captured.
  • To capture G/S select GSL. {again you get a callout}
  • Manage flaps as per callouts and speed (much like the CRJ, it needs good throttle management on final.)

If I’ve missed anything let me know! Not sure if say the ILS frequency can be pulled automatically from the FMS in NAV mode, but manually dialing in ILS freq works fine.

11 Likes

Hi all. A new update is available, primarily targeted at fixing the trim axis issue:

v1.2:

• Trim axis controls (elevator, aileron, rudder) - fixed
  • EFB fixes, including Navigraph authentication issue
  • NO SMOKING switch label typo - fixed
  • HSI course indication changing when there’s no electrical power - fixed
  • New JF_146.ini option added:

[HARDWARE]

THR_LATCH=0

‘0’ is the default value and is compatible with the Honeycomb hardware. Changing that manually to ‘1’ (make sure the aircraft isn’t loaded at the time) will provide compatibility with the TCA hardware

Martyn - Just Flight

10 Likes

Your instrumentation is not broken, it’s just unpowered.
I flown the BAE yesterday and need more than half an hour to got through all switches and what to do to bring life to all that stuff.

1 Like

Had to add a retro BA livery for the 146…

BAe 146-200 British Airways Landor Retro G-MANS » Microsoft Flight Simulator

14 Likes

Thanks for the update on the issue, Martyn. Hope you guys get it sorted soon! :slight_smile:

Was enjoying a nice Flight and i inadvertantly touched the trimwheel on my throttle… talk about emergencies, nosing down from 10.000 feet :sweat_smile:

The purchase, download, install and takeoff went perfect though… the model is just lovely to get my hands on! Thanks!

In the mean time, i just deleted the trim axis on my joystick and went with a 2-way switch on the buttonbox… works well.

Woof ~ Woof & Salute

Steiny

2 Likes

Guys, thanks for the plane!
Yesterday I made 6 cargo flights. I really enjoy the aircraft and the simulator.
Thank you!

2 Likes

That British Airways is very smart looking. Is there an air France yet?

When I disengage the autopilot on the center pedestal the autopilot disengae chime keeps repeating indefinitely. However, when I use the Toggle Autopilot binding on my stick the chime only sounds off twice as expected. Am I doing something wrong or is that a bug?

I’ve noticed that too.

That’s correct behaviour. The centre console switch isn’t typically used for AP disengagement so you’ll get the continuous warning, which can be cancelled by pressing the AP DISC button on the yoke. The TOGGLE AUTOPILOT MASTER and AUTOPILOT MASTER OFF control assignments actually trigger the AP DISC button as those are what a pilot would actually use, and that avoids the continuous warning (that you’d also get if the AP disconnects due to excessive motion, power failure etc).

Martyn - Just Flight

7 Likes

Thanks for the update Martyn. Superb support on what is a bank holiday weekend here in UK.

3 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up!

1 Like

@anon41762628 there is a Swiss livery on flightsim .to now. There’s also about 20 other liveries there now. Some amazingly efficient livery designers out there. Thank you all.

@donka73 Thank you for the retro BA Landor one and I see you have a few of others. Top notch, thank you. An aviation nostalgia trip of liveries right there.

3 Likes

I tried the lowest setting for the gauge refresh but the stutters persist.

1 Like