RELEASED! Just Flight Bae146 "the Little Jumbojet" April 29th

Anybody else haas this problem?

Sometimes when I activate AP, it yanks violently to the left and pitches nose down. There is no way to counter this; sync doesn’t work, other modes make no difference.

This seems to only be happening when I start from the ‘Turnaround’ state. If I start up from C&D this doesn’t seem to happen

In 25 flights I’ve had no issues with CTD’s. I had a couple yesterday with the online outage and a new scenery pack. (not with the 146 though).

1 Like

I haven’t noticed this particular AP issue, but when using ready for takeoff I have encountered a few times wwhere one or two things didn’t turn on or didn’t work correctly. One time it was the FMS (black screen and just a ‘/’ appears, doesn’t power up), and another time non of the rotary dials on the AP would rotate at all which was weird. i usually restart and its fine. Doesn’t happen all the time, so very intermittent in nature.

Generally the only AP issue I’ve had is it turning sharply to follow the initial waypoint when I’ve already passed in it HDG mode and then switch to VNAV.

@Dr0plexx a few posts up did report exactly what you are reporting though. Not sure if they found any more out about it. I’m mainly using in ‘ready for takeoff’ mode though and I haven’t seen what you are describing.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/released-just-flight-bae146-the-little-jumbojet-april-29th/502682/811?u=bragraindrop933

1 Like

What do you mean by online interruption? Yesterday there were general connection problems?

I’m asking you because yesterday around 5 pm Spanish time, that is to say 30 hours ago more or less, I experienced some strange problem, that’s why I’m asking you

The whole XBox gaming online service has had outages for last 36 hrs sometimes up but down a lot too. It was fixed by this morning, but is down again as of 15 minutes ago. Then xbox status page currently shows it with an amber colour & I can’t authenticate my FS license for example.
Even in the two days before yesterday I had numerous online drops followed by quick reconnects, but this was happening 20 times a flight! There are at least two other threads on this forum with people reporting the same. Something is presently affecting online access to XBox gaming.

but this also affects the pc version?
Yesterday I had a strange problem with my simionic g1000 bridge and the fs2020, it had a fairly high delay in the connection causing the simionic g1000 running on an apple tablet to have a delay and lag, apart from that I also had problems with the synchronism between the g1000 and the autopilot of the plane, I tried to restart the computer and it kept happening sometimes. I don’t know if this could be a reason to desynchronize the simulator and the simionic g1000 application and cause delay and synchronization errors

I had this the first few flights and discovered it’s important to allow the (mechanical) flight director to first establish the AP-modes, and only then engage autopilot. It works fine that way.

So for instance during climb out: Set your VS and your LNAV, wait for the Flight Director to center correctly on that input, and only then engage AP. It will be way less violent that way; but its fine to gently hold the yoke untill it has fully taken over.

1 Like

With regards to the callouts: Do you make sure you set the TMA in the correct settings? So for instance TO at takeoff but also DES when starting the descent? I haven’t encountered what you’re describing using the TMA this way.

With regards to the NAV-hold snaking: it usually works best to to a DIRECT INTERCEPT on the FMS to your next waypoint. It will then shoot a straight line between your current position and the waypoint and follow that one dead ahead: no more yanking.

The first couple of times I selected COLD & Dark state, even when the sim loaded in C&D state. Maybe this works for what you’re describing too: giving the cockpit a proper reset upon entry.

1 Like

Yes, all microsoft gaming goes through xbox gaming services I believe. Im on PC and am affected. Its a worldwide issue. 93% of XBox games affected (no offine mode without authentication). Troubling part is its been on and off to varying degrees for 3 days now.

I’ll give that a try pefhaps if I see any more issues. They are not common though, just occasional and I don’t have state saving turned on either.

1 Like

To get the callouts to trigger seems to require quite specific aircraft settings. Usually when I don’t get the callouts I’ve forgotten to turn on my landing lights or strobe lights. The aircraft state seems to matter a lot here. But usually I can figure out what I missed and get the callouts anyway. The callouts for flaps and landing are probably the same. I don’t often get them, and I find it much harder to figure out why.

2 Likes

I experienced exactly this in another JF product - Arrow. It also transferred to next flight via save state. I had to disable save state and start new flight, then no issues. Wonder if this has something to do with their custom coding. Not experienced this in BAe yet, I’ve not flown it too much so far.

I use sync and separate autopilot sync that the CRJ uses. My autopilot doesn’t jerk.
Do you need the particular bindings? I hit sync to bring the FD to my current attitude

This is how ive been flying it, same as i would IRL

Tried with sync already. Unfortunately the autopilot just doesn’t respond to any lateral input or mode

If anyone is wondering: the jetway at stand 28 of Wellington connects quite nicely…

10 Likes

I have to say… BAe-146 and Wellington addon go hand in hand like bolognaise and a fine red wine!!!

I’m not patirotic or anything but New Zealand is the rightful home of the “whisper Jet…”

Bet you will be looking forward to the next major Southerly or Northerly!!!

You will now have to visit my neck of the woods and fly a Queenstown Rotorua Christchurch sector with those massive Japanese’s tourist groups of the 90s

4 Likes

Thanks. I hope mine was just bad luck. Will try and do a few more flights today.

Anyone else getting FPS Degradation after 1-3 hours flying the BAE146?

1 Like