[RELEASED] Wilga 35/80 Series | Got Friends

My tea leaves tell me it will be next week… or the week after!
I think developers get at least a few days notice for when they know it will be out the following Thursday, so I’m sure we will hear about it here before it goes live.

But yeah it sucks - really can’t see how things can take this long. Pretty pathetic! I suppose they have to load the game every time they install a new addon to test. That’s a day wasted right there! :rofl: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

One of the Iris jabiru updates was delayed for 6 weeks because some graphic in the marketplace thumbnail did not comply with MS standards, even though the then current version on the marketplace used the same graphic.

The ways of MS can be obscure and hard to fathom.

1 Like

Have you tried emailing them on their web site?

Thanks, I completely missed the support section when I looked

I’ve just had quite the adventure in my Wilga. I started out just north of the Tibetan plateau with full fuel on board as well as 300 pounds of extra fuel in invisible bladders on the rear seats and in the cargo hold. I headed south and made it over the first few mountains, but only just. Finally I was forced to land on the snow-covered highlands.

Then I went cross-country skiing - in the Wilga, which shows how professional I am as a pilot :wink: I traveled on the ground, trying to make my way back to lower altitudes so I might be able to take off again and limp home. I even threw out my fuel bladders to get lighter.

The Wilga moved along nicely. But just as a friendly reminder to everyone: it’s really hard to make out the shape of the ground when it’s all covered in snow. Still, Willy and I made good progress until after several miles we were suddenly and rudely stopped by a discontinuity in the terrain map. I think we might almost have made it.

But I’m afraid I’ve had to learn one lesson: Willy is wonderful, but not really suited for the Tibetan plateau. As a mate for skiing though Willy is awesome :smile:

4 Likes

The service ceiling for most Wilga variants is around 13,000 to 14,000 feet.

Service? You mean on some Wilga flights they come up the aisle to offer you a dried out old croissant and miniature packets of peanuts?

At that height I’m not looking for service! Just survival is good enough!

Also I think some glider DNA has rubbed off on the Willy from all the gliders it tows up. It responds well to updrafts and thermals so that 14k is not a hard rule from my experience on the last flight I did :rofl:

4 Likes

lol - service ceiling is really a “practical useful maximum density altitude”. it is defined as the maximum density altitude the aircraft can maintain a specified rate of climb (usually 100’ per minute) .

Aircraft can definitely go above the service ceiling, and there are no rules or laws preventing you doing that in real-life, but you should expect issues like Hayray79 talks about. Above the service ceiling you would want to avoid steep turns and be wary of changing atmospheric conditions or terrain.

It is also important to realise these “book numbers” are density altitude not altitude as read off the altimeter.

4 Likes

Yeah I know — it was a lame joke I suppose :slight_smile:

Beef jerkey & vodka

2 Likes

And have some oxygen, you know, to not…, die. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not until the landing, at least.

:wink:

1 Like

Official Wilga 35/80 Series: Replacement Packages:
Navigation Alternatives and Cockpit Extras (Version 1.0.2.)

Hello Everyone!

First, I would like to thank each supporter we’ve had on this project! Without your ideas, requests, support, and outreach Got Friends wouldn’t have been able to spend this additional time to bring you some exciting goodies.

We are officially announcing SIX NAVIGATION PACKAGES.

Disclaimer: These Packages are PC ONLY.

If you are not familiar with our replacement packages, let me explain the process. Don’t worry, it’s not as complicated as you may think. With every aircraft, we like to release alternative navigation setups for the cockpit. We work hard with other partners to ensure compatibility with these systems. For example, let’s say you really like PMS50’s GTN750 Addon. With our replacement package, you can simply drag-and-drop our new “gotfriends-wilga-gtn750” folder into your community folder next to your “gotfriends-wilga” folder. When you enter the game, all your default Wilga navigation options will be replaced with new GTN750 navigation options. It’s pretty easy and it allows our team to maintain easier updates in the future, especially when we are dealing with a massive project such as the Wilga. So let’s talk about our new Navigation Alternatives:

:warning: REMEMBER: YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE ADDITIONAL PACKAGE INSTALLED AT A TIME :warning:

#1: PMS50’s GTN750:

The GTN750 is a basic navigation system that supports a built-in Autopilot System.

Download Link: Wilga 35/80 Series: GTN750 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

#2: TDS’ GTNXI:

The GTNXI is the only GPS device for Microsoft Flight Simulator able to interact with the default autopilot and fly fully coupled LPV Approaches.

Download Link: Wilga 35/80 Series: GTNXI » Microsoft Flight Simulator

#3: Sky4Sim’s NG Tablet:

The Sky4Sim NG Tablet adds an additional Tablet to the cockpit giving you a personalized electronic flight system. This system can connect to other applications such as NeoFly and provides an incredible amount of customization.

Download Link: Wilga 35/80 Series: Sky4Sim NG » Microsoft Flight Simulator

#4: Additional Aera Navigation Tablet:

This option adds an additional Aera Navigation Tablet to the cockpit allowing basic map visualization and other navigation functions. There use to be another mod by NMatt30, (outside of our team) with this option, however, it was incompatible with future updates. We highly recommend you switch to this add-on to ensure future compatibility.

Download Link: Wilga 35/80 Series: Aera Navigation » Microsoft Flight Simulator

#5: GTN750 + Sky4Sim NG Tablet (Combo):

The GTN750 is a basic navigation system that supports a built-in Autopilot System and the additional Sky4Sim NG Tablet to the cockpit giving you a personalized electronic flight system.

Download Link: Wilga 35/80 Series: GTN750 + Sky4Sim NG » Microsoft Flight Simulator

#6: GTNXI + Sky4Sim NG Tablet (Combo):

The GTNXI is the only GPS device for Microsoft Flight Simulator able to interact with the default autopilot and fly fully coupled LPV Approaches and also includes the additional Sky4Sim NG Tablet to the cockpit giving you a personalized electronic flight system.

Download Link: Wilga 35/80 Series: GTNXI + Sky4Sim NG » Microsoft Flight Simulator

We hope that we were able to include a little bit of something for every type of pilot. Once again, these replacement packages are optional and not required. Each download link contains information, installation, and additional website links for each navigation option. Thank you again for an incredible 2022 year! We look forward to bringing you more fantastic updates in 2023!

• Got Friends
27 Likes

I have to ask. How will this tie in with the marketplace release? (if we ever get it)

2 Likes

This is great, thank you!

Hi, could you possibly publish custom binding codes for use with MobiFlight/ Spad.next please, this would be a great addition to home cockpit builders.

1 Like

I cannot get the HDG or GPS functions to respond with your new GTN 750 WTT package, with or without the WT GNS 430/530 installed from the content manager. ALT responds, but HDG and GPS are unresponsive. Would love it to work, but…

You can see all the LVars and SimVars used in the Interior model .XMLs. Is there something further I need to provide?

I was using the 750 WTT package. I’ll try the plain vanilla GTN 750 package.

1 Like

Updated the initial post:

• Added GTN750 + Sky4Sim NG Tablet as a Combination Option for those interested in flying with both systems.

• Still working on adding a GTN750 + Additional Aera as well. Will update original post when ready. Keep an eye out on Flightsim.to if you are interested in this option.