[RELEASED] Wilga 35/80 Series | Got Friends

Unbeknownst to you, our team actually spent a considerable time trying to get a method like this working. Ended up in disaster more times than I’ll care to admit. Animations were a mess, Spawning was a mess, it was just a mess. This sounds simple but it’s honestly one of the hardest things to do. We had more in plan as well, like taking off from a trailer pulling you by a truck on the runway. Nothing worked well… I don’t think we will ever revisit that unless MSFS adds more ground handling variables and control.

We actually, in the end, considered Amphibious Floats but the weight added was too much for the ole girl to handle.

6 Likes

Hmmm … I seem to remember old videos of Germans launching rockets on rails

Thanks for explanations, it seems like I found the (quite) impossible point.
More unrealistic: a teflon skin under the floats (in fact a near zero friction between floats and ground) ? With enough power it could work…

I finally solved the takeoff of H/floats version from a runway quite easily.

1. A little less weight (helps a bit).
  2. More power (helps A LOT). Engine power is 450hp, the same than the 80X. And I reduced the low_rpm_shake_scalar to 0.10 to prevent the plane from rotating in place.
  3. ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL: use the PGTOTECH method (PlumbGlue Take-Off Technique). Without it, no take-off is possible !
  • Accelerate to 60 knots while maintaining the line with the rudder. No flaps, no trim.
  • At 60knts FULL FLAPS. The plane takes off. It helps having flaps binded to a button.
  • As soon as airborne, flaps to 0.
    That’s it!

Of course it doesn’t allow to taxi, but anyway with airfields used in these cases departure is done at the threshold.

P.S. For XBOX users and Marketplace buyers:
This method works too, but since you can’t edit the files you’ll need a VERY VERY long runway.
Another reason to buy your planes with not encrypted files… (Sorry for XBOX users !).

The Sky4SIM + GTN750 combo pack has been deleted from Flightsim.to. Will such pack return or is it not working anymore and do I have to select on or the other now?

1 Like

You can find them all here from now on: Replacement Mods – Got Friends (got-friends.com)

1 Like

This pack has not been uploaded to the website yet.
The muli-replacement packs were having issues and Jonx has stated on Discord that they will not be reuploaded until the issues can be figured out.

So, for the time being it’s just the single replacements, no multiple bundles.

Do you plan to implement CFD and the new propeller simulation and softbody to the Wilga?

Those are all implemented.

Cheers!

1 Like

Wilga 35/80 Series | Official Update 1.0.7.

Unfortunately, we made a critical mistake in version 1.0.6., we apologize for anyone in the community who has dealt with broken cargo visuals. Special thanks to user, Master Chief, for alerting our team of this issue, sorry again for the quick update. This version will be the Marketplace update coming to Xbox/PC In-Game and we have resubmitted it to Microsoft to be ingested.

Version 1.0.7. Changelog:

• Re-Ordered Flight_Model.cfgs Weight Loadout (On All Variants)
  • Fixed Rear-Passenger (Left) Toggling Cargo (On All Variants)
  • Fixed 3D Cargo Visual & Interactive Features in XMLs (On All Variants)

Update is available now on our Website: https://www.got-friends.com

11 Likes

I have grown to love this plane. Really well done Got Friends!

2 Likes

Me too even without the pin-ups

1 Like

Can anyone please help me to remove the green tint and the dark glasses, like the one in the picture ?
I can not make it myself for this plane.

So B.A., after two months and ten days, 'tis done!

001 0149:59 = de Havilland Tiger Moth [Ant’s Airplanes]
002 0100:05 = PZL-104 Wilga 35/80 Series [Got Friends]

What an enjoyable experience this has been! Funny (or scary) thing is, even after the first century, I still thump her down hard on the runway something like two out of three times. Still a lot of learning to do.

A friend of mine took her on a 380 mile trip across the Pacific yesterday and ran out of fuel a few miles short of the destination. Luckily that happened to a friend of mine and totally not to me. I’d never do something as silly as all that.

4 Likes

Oh, wow!! Congratulations mate!! :beers: :tada:

Great that you enjoyed it so much! I am a bit behind you as I’ve not had so much time recently overall.

Same here! It’s actually pretty hard to land gently but Wilma likes to be treated rough :slight_smile:

Hahaha. I’m not sure I buy your diversionary tactic there :wink:

So, 90 days for the next 100h? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Only kidding. That would be insane —- go!) :crazy_face:

May or may not happen, but I suspect it’ll take longer this time around. I guess we’ll see! Also depends a lot on which new offerings there may appear on the market. I mean, Got Friends mentioned something about a new project. Depending on what that turns out to be I’d say it’s rather likely I’ll be getting it.

Yeah definitely. They never disappoint - always something a bit unusual (but not whacky) and stylish. Probably that DA40 they’re working on is the most “normal” aircraft we can see from them. Let’s see what the next treat will be but I’ll never walk out on my Wilma!

2 Likes

Someone needs to do a Flintstones livery pack for this bird. Character head shots on the tail, that sort of thing.

5 Likes

Haha that would be awesome!!

@twoseventy270 —> pwetty pwease!!?? :wink:

2 Likes

Question:
Are you gonna take the Fred or the Barney :thinking:

1 Like