[Released] Wing42 Boeing 247D

Yes.

I noted a couple of single stutters during the flight. It’s hard to know if it was this aircraft (you know how when you’re flying it and it does that odd thing where the gauges momentarily hiccup and go nuts and then immediately settle?) or if it was due to server load or just my PC. I didn’t get enough time to test the sim on a lesser, default aircraft to see what was what.

In short, yes, it was fine in DX12, flew fine and everything appeared to work as it did before.

1 Like

Yeah I know all about those stutters, had some of them on final approach! Makes life interesting :joy:
Good to know that it works though, I don’t want to stop flying it even though it has some peculiarities. :wink:

1 Like

I mean the effort put into the product leads me to believe the dev might not realize the site is down? Or might be working on a fix? We don’t know. I would definitely still buy another plane from them.

Tried this aircraft today again and of course my right engine went up in flames for no appearant reason.

The gauges didn’t indicate anything suspicious!

Knock on wood, I’ve never blown an engine.

Yet, I know many of you have and for no apparent reason, too.

1 Like

if the webside comes back,and all is fixed maybee…but if nothing happen :-1:

i have a backup,i only check the webside because one ask…
at marketplace no way to modify cfg.files,i do not like to buy there.
if they change that,i will use marketplace more :smiley:

Same here. I think I’ve only been lucky so far though, as I’ve been close to running out of oil on several flights. It seems to be a bit random how much oil is consumed unless there is a glitch, seeing as I always apply the same methods when I fly. I can sometimes fly over 200nm and only use a very small amounts, other times I have flown maybe 80nm and I’m nearly empty.
knocks on wood
I guess it has to happen some time!

1 Like

Has anyone else noticed that you can “tap the glass” of the various gauges? It’s even got an accompanying sound effect.

I do that on the ammeter of my 1952 Ford 8N tractor to get it to behave.

I really do hope the developer resufaces. He’s got such talent.

1 Like

To be honest, anytime I have had failures they have not been random I have been able to work out what I did wrong. Usually it has been related to not keeping an eye on things as the situation can change very quickly.

However , that said, just because the aircraft offers advanced and tricky to manage engine failures does not mean you have to enable them in the tablet. You are perfectly free to turn engine failures off and fly it as if it is a default Asobo/Carenado/most-other-stuff addon if you need reliability for Neofly or something.

Your oil pressure looks low, or at least at minimum acceptable level. Oil pressure is the most immediate indicator of potential engine damage, I tend to just treat oil temp as supplementary to pressure because it is inexact and ideal ranges are relative to the oil grade used or so it seems to me. Is your oil and manifold pressure low because you’re throttled back after engine failure or were you running at this power for a prolonged time? I have found what the clipboard says is true with regard to oil pressure, above 65psi and below 100psi, I’ve never had an engine failure within that range. Also, were you using SAE30 which would be appropriate for that OAT? And finally, were you adjusting your oil coolers to maintain the desired range? I usually use just one scroll (10%) open for the OAT you’re showing in the screenshot. I hope any of that helps anyone reading this.

1 Like

Yes, oil pressure dropped after the engine fire. I make sure to always monitor those gauges and I’m sure it was running fine just before.

One thing I noticed while in cruise was that the RPM was stuck. I pulled the prop levers back all the way but the RPM was stuck on 2100. That seems like a bug unless I broke the propellers somehow?

in Your Wing42 order is now complete e-mail,the download work :+1:

1 Like

I can confirm, even though I still have the addon installed, I downloaded the .zip from my order complete email.

I suppose it’s good to have a backup just in case, now that the dev has disappeared and their site is broken.

1 Like

I just flew this great aircraft for a brief twilight tour off the Central Coast of CA.

This is a great plane and has so much going for it. I absolutely love its 100% early 1930s arcane technologies.

I’m so glad SU10 didn’t lay waste to it.

Again, I hope we see a return of Otmar.

4 Likes

It’s difficult to ascertain in certain scenarios what you might have done wrong. I’ve yet to have an engine die on me so far knock on wood but I’ve seen massive disparrity between oil consumptions on otherwise very similar flights. Both in OAT, oil type uesd. payload, altitude, flight range and keeping the temps and pressures in the same range. It gives me wildly different results in oil consumptions.
Sometimes I have hardly burnt of anything and other times I am almost empty when I land.

same here i think? it’s so close to amazing but the bugs kill the experience for me. vanishing for this long afterwards has made it very unlikely that i’d purchase anything else.

1 Like

Hey! Sorry to bother you. When you posted this i made the changes and it worked nicely. Just gone back to the 247D and now when I engage AP the ■■■■ thing just nose dives and changing my VS or Alt knob does nothing. Any idea why this may be happening?

Tried this plane today after a long while. Such a shame it hasn’t been updated anymore. It is going to my aircraft graveyard now; too many annoying bugs to really enjoy it… :frowning:

4 Likes

Is there anything that prevents engine failures being turned off so you can use it just as you would any other addon aircraft that doesn’t have all those extra “realism” features? Or is the theoretically-high-fidelity engine fiddlyness the only draw?