Remove toolbar white arrow

You are my hero :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you !!!

2 Likes

Awesome! Works great! No idea what they were thinking with this thing. I don’t mind bugs and am used to the slow progression of flight sims, but this constant reminder arrow nonsense is simply beyond the limits of good taste.

2 Likes

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

No idea how a group of people can create something so incredible as this sim is only do something as ridiculous as this constant reminder pointer nonsense as if we would forget where the menu is. Lots more will need this when VR hits and that idiotic arrow is 3 dimensional and right in your face.

4 Likes

Personally, I am not fond of the in-flight menu bar, but I can imagine why it was designed in this style. I did post this a while ago, let me know if this is sort of what you are looking for: Add a Classic In-Flight Menu

1 Like

That looks great! Awesome work!
I’ll give it a go this weekend. My main gripe with the new menu is the arrow every single time the mouse is moved. I ask pilots all the time if they know where their checklists, manuals and maps are. They say; “Of course”. I then ask; “Are your sure? Wouldn’t you prefer a large arrow always flashing to show you where they are?” :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally prefer the current toolbar over an old fashioned menu. I just don’t need the constant reminder of where it is whenever I do anything with the mouse.

Hey, that’s completely fair. one of the great things about the old menu was that it could be displayed or hidden by pressing the Alt, so adding that back for your menu bar would probably suit you.

I like several others found the older style to be less clunky, and able to achieve things with fewer actions than the new menu, which is why I suggested making both available, with the new menu being the default and the old menu being a boolean option in the game settings :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Amazing! Thank You so much! :heart:

Toolbar only appears when you go up and in the middle with the mouse.

2 Likes

My load always automatically skips past the “Press Start Screen” - one of my connected devices must be seen immediately as a key press because I do get it if I forget to switch on the powered hub they are connected to.

1 Like

Amazing! I wonder why this is not a default thing? This is a must!

4 Likes

So, I don’t know about you guys, but whenever I need to take a screenshot or make any movement with the mouse, the toolbar handle shows up on the upper screen and I need to wait for a couple seconds without moving the mouse to disappear.

This needs to be fixed. The best way is to only show that if you go with your mouse up there, or at least completely deactivate this feature when you click with your middle mouse button to enter in camera view mode.

2 Likes

Please, can someone confirm it’s working after the 2nd patch? Thanks

1 Like

I just came across this mod and added it to my community folder straight away.

I can confirm it is still working, and yes I have the latest patch.

3 Likes

I do… they had X-Box (and the limited input control they have compared to a PC) in mind when creating this sim.

1 Like

I don’t think so. Xbox doesn’t have mouse input, which is what is triggering the toolbar handle to appear.

1 Like

X-Box then will be using another input to get to the dropdown menu.

1 Like

The current custom toolbar usage – every time you use the mouse the toolbar pops up – seems to me both distracting and a real immersion-killer.

Could it be redone so that it only appears when you want it to and when you move the mouse to the top of the screen?

1 Like

i’m slow pook lol, it’s amazing stuff so long time exist yet, thank you

1 Like

Hello

7 Likes