Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0

Yeah fair play, the standard responses do look like a random copy and paste from these forums :joy:

After many days of not getting past the splash screens I finely got into Main screen and took flight again. I read comments about deleting Cache but couldn’t get into sim to delete from program. I decided to delete manually by locating folder.
The file to delete is Rollingcache.ccc in main MSFS directory in LocalCache folder.
Managed to fly for few hours ok. However I still had a CTD mainly when i choose large cities, London city, Sanfrancisco. Still no feedback from Asobo ticket I lodged apart from standard auto reply. At least I can get into program now.
For those struggling to even get into sim try above.

I had mine set to overclock by 15 percent. Never had issue with any other game or sim.
Still I decided to test not overclocking and I still get CTD mainly choosing larger cities.

I still have random CTD…a few minutes ago just flying cruise at FL380, I was just watching the cockpit and voilá…CTD. This SU5 update made the sim unflyable :rage::rage:

I installed the whole thing again, no add ons whatsoever… and it still crashes. Used to run like a charm. What a big screw up, and Asobo seems to be clueless about it… I really want my money back and not think about it any more.

Have also experienced a handful of CTDs in the last few days, most recently, just in the downwind at DFW in a steam gauged C172 with AI traffic, so not a whole lot going on in the area or the cockpit…

Beginning to wonder if the Garmin system is somehow causing the crash?

When I turned off Process Lasso my CTD stopped. I’m leaning towards CPU sensitivity when loading. I’m going to go through and see what specific setting causes the CTD.

flight simulator comes to my desktop.
every time I start it sooner or later it comes to the desktop

My personal experience. In the past, no CTD, no problems. Everythings was marvelous!. But since the 5update + hotfix , I’ve huge problems flying without CTD. In my case, I have a Ryzen 3600, 16Gb RAM BUT with a modest video card, NVIDIA GTX 1060 3Gb.

I have completely reinstalled the simulator. I have performed tests with from very low, to medium, etc. graphic settings. Testing WITHOUT third party addons. And I suspect that, in my case, the VRAM memory overflow, when I focus on graphics dense areas (cities), causes CTD.

:sleepy:

Same here. Everyone has the CTDs.

Sim is BROKEN. Again. :frowning:

1 Like

Same here CTDs still every flight, mainly caused by \Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll.

I would still find it quite useful if everyone with CTD problems could state the reason for the crash, according to the windows event log… Might help to circumscribe the reasons.

1 Like

I see the many votes and reactions on this thread, however, no bug logged…

Does this mean it’s the end of FS for many of us? Shall I check back no earlier than SU6?

2 Likes

Concerning CTDs it seems like we have to wait until SU6 indeed…

OK, my system has been pretty stable. I usually fly from EGPF in the C172. Using the WT G1000 NXI.

Just had 2 CTDs when flying EGSX to EGKK. First 5 minutes into flight, second when clicking FLY from the World Map.

Decided to go back to EGPF and setup to fly to EGNT. So far flawless and 40 minutes in.

Wondering if it’s my rolling cache? Never been to EGSX before, and that’s the only thing that’s different about tonight’s experiences.

Hopefully the fixes will actually work this time. It’s a shame I haven’t been able to start any flight since SU5 was released.

1 Like

My last CTD error on windows log was:

FlightSimulator.exe
CoherentGTJS.dll
60f7e2c2
c0000409
ab98
01d788bfb70764db
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CoherentGTJS.dll
cca96b62-d3cb-45bc-9ee9-b7f0a35cc5d2
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

This is being addressed:

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Yes. I removed them first. Still got random crashes. Added back on because I need them and Im pretty sure it’s not the addons causing the crash

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
The sim crashes at random. Sometimes it crashes immediately when I spawn at the gate, sometimes it crashes when taking off, most of the time it crashes when im in cruise. I have never ever experienced crashes pre update.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Random crashes so not sure (see description).

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
RTX 2060
Ryzen 7 2700x
32GB 3200 RAM

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

Additional info:
Everything was working without issues pre update. Now everything is going south. Since the update I haven’t really opened the sim, but I decided to open it up today and play a bit hoping it would be better. But here I am.

Also, I ran the sim with my community folder empty, with all third party modules uninstalled (community and content manager), and still saw the exact same behavior. Random crashes.

So they broke the game for more than 4000 users (reddit source of people who wrote about ctd) and they can’t play UNTIL SU6?
Asobo is kidding us, probably tomorrow they’ll release a fix or rollback to SU4

1 Like