Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0

@GINAWZF

You know that if you have lots of CPU cores (MY i9 10900K has 10 with 20 threads) and you turn off core 0 and 1, you’re doing FS a big favour. These cores are now available for Windows and other applications - I still have 8 cores for gaming. Also, I do not overclock my CPU, RAM or Graphics card. It’s well known that FS doesn’t play well with overclocking.

Now, there’s a CTD fix thread here by @AmbitousPilots who tells you how to do this (and other things like changing FS priority to low - yes, low!). It has worked a treat for me and stopped stutters completely. Before this 1.18.13. 0 update and hot fix 1.18.14.0 I was using a batch file to launch FS with core 0 and 1 turned off. It no longer works so I simply use the task manager after starting FS to turn off these cores and set FS priority to low. Why set it to low? The answer is in the thread I mention above. Basically, it gives Windows the oxygen that FS starves it from when FS priority is set to high. It’s logical. Also, set your Nvidia FS program settings to “prefer maximum performance”. That gives your graphics card the voltage needed to do hard work. Finally, set your Windows power options to “ultimate”. Some Windows versions (I believe Home version is one of them) don’t have “ultimate” - the thread I mentioned above tells you how to make that happen using a command prompt. My Windows pro version does have “ultimate” so I didn’t need to use the cmd prompt.
Have a look at that thread and give it a shot. You’ve nothing to lose because it can all be easily reversed. There are no registry hacks to worry about either. I’ll need to find that thread to link it here. I’ll come back and edit this to make it easier for you all to find. Here’s that thread:

1 Like