Resuming after Pause and missing bindings

I would normally classify a change like this as a bug, but since it seems to have been a conscious decision to remove it I’d like to point out the issue with “Pausing” the game after Sim Update 5.

I don’t have a keyboard at the ready and while I do have a mouse, there is no way to get to pause the simulator from the main screen using anything but the keyboard, you have to physically hit Escape. However, the only way to get BACK to the game is to use the mouse and click “RESUME”.

This is very annoying, since a) my mouse is always at the ready since there are so many things you an only do with a mouse, except PAUSE the game (I’m not talking about active pause, I mean a real Pause back to the main options screen), and b) that once I’ve reached for the keyboard and I’m ready to get back to it, the ONLY way to get back into the game is to put the keyboard back and reach for the mouse and “click” the resume label.

I did have a button on the joystick mapped to escape and that was super handy, but since they removed the RESUME (ESC) key binding, it’s all but useless.

I find this annoying and would like to see a return of the binding…

Speaking of bindings, I can not find any way to bind any keyboard or joystick button to:

• gear advisory
  • acknowledge master warning
  • acknowledge caution warning

Also I can’t seem to bind any axis control to carb heat in the Cessna, and thrust reverse only allows for two bindings for ALL engines. I realise you probably wouldn’t want to just turn one engine to reverse IRL, but IRL you could! FS2020 only allows for a button to enable all reverses at once, not one for each engine, yet there are oodles of other per engine control (except reverse).

1 Like

On the subject of bindings, it looks like the function “Toggle Spoilers” doesn’t work anymore.

For the ESC binding, there are already several bug reports and other threads:

You might want to participate there.

Also here’s a workaround in a similar report:

You see, reporting the same issue across the forum in multiple new threads makes things messy.

Posting this in General Discussion is probably the worst approach to have it fixed. I’d rather report the issues in Bugs&Issues/Wishlist section (search for existing threads first) and via Zendesk in parallell.

1 Like

Topic closed as author has been provided references to existing similar topics.