Rift S - flashing white light

I do have Oculus-App-Version 25.0.0.57.658 (25.0.0.57.658) installed and still have flashes every some minutes.

Yes, itā€™s like this since VR is out, stuttering every 3-4min.

I have now got the flashing at random but frequent times but only in FS2020 but not in X-Plane 11.
Rift S, Ryzen 7, 32gb RAM, 500gb dedicated NVMe drive, RTX 2080 Super, 49ā€ curved monitor, 60gb internet speed.
Even with low settings for VR in low density scenery areas.
Only in VR but in screen mode at ultra settings runs smoothly without any flashing.
All most unusable sometimes.p in VR.
Any advice would be most welcome.
Joe

yes its very frequent, seems like a thunder and lightning effect, it does not matter which aircraft, its constant and annoying

Just deselect the beta on the Beta tab of the Oculus home settings. Job done

Hi i got Feedback now from the Support Team after i created the Ticket

" Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)
Feb 22, 2021, 19:00 GMT+1

Hi

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today. We are currently investigating issues with white flashes occurring in the the Oculus Quest/Rift since the last patch. The issue will be addressed in a future update.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team"

1 Like

going to try this now, thanks.

Ok just did some testing ill get a once in a blue moon white flash if i go heavier than anything over scattered clouds. So broken and overcast clouds seem to trigger it for me

Not for me unfortunately. Closing the Beta tab actually made it more frequent, plus many extra stutters in cockpit. Was hoping the latest Oculus update would fix, but nope.

1 Like

Did you uncheck the Public Test field, on the Beta tab?

That should have immediately prompted a download and install of the latest stable version of the Oculus drivers.

Youā€™d then be best to reload MSFS, if it was running when you unchecked the public test field.

Youā€™ve probably done all this, but worth checking.

sameā€¦ theres no ā€œsingle cureā€
but people just assume, if it worked for them, then it will work for everyone.
truth is , we dont even know for sure whats causing these issues.

not an unreasonable assumption, if the symptoms are the same.

given the amount of people reporting that ā€œfixesā€ dont work for them, it isā€¦ like i sayā€¦ no single cureā€¦AND in a lot of cases, the fix is only partial or even temporary ā€¦

So if i see a post where somebody has what looks like a problem i have had and found a solution for, albeit possibly only partial, should i not share that experience?

Even if it isnā€™t the fix or just a partial fix, especially when the potential solution isnā€™t much trouble to try and is easily reversible, surely that would still be better than not saying anything at all?

Either way, Iā€™ll wish you luck with finding a solution to whatever is causing your problem.

sure, share you experiences ā€¦ but its not a single fix ā€œjob doneā€ for everyone kind of deal.

up to that point it had been, so i guess the exception just proves the rule.

Iā€™ll be more selective of my choice of words in the future and the people that i respond to.

im not having a go at you mate, :upside_down_face:we are all just trying to help each otherā€¦ :+1: TBH Ms / ASOBO/ Oculusā€¦ need to sort this outā€¦ thres only so much we can doā€¦
Ben bird made a PDF with a ā€œfixā€ thats worked for some too. it was quite involved, theres been lots of ideas to fix the issueā€¦
im kind of thinking we should now Stopā€¦ as it might be giving Ms /ASOBO / Oculus, reason to do nothingā€¦

i know of quite a few people who raised a ticket with Oculus about this, (inc me) who have not even received an acknowledgment . :man_shrugging:

No worries.

I also submitted zendesk ticket, at the start of January, and have also posted on the oculus forum. Iā€™ve had a couple of ā€œboilerplateā€ responses from the MSFS side, but one did ask for more detail on how to reproduce the issue, so Iā€™d hope theyā€™ll be in touch with Oculus. Iā€™d guess that both will need to make changes, but it might just be on Oculus.

2 Likes

i think its a comboā€¦ a lot of people blame world update 3 or the latest oculus update, but ive seen this since the MSFS VR update in Decemberā€¦
although yeah, it got worse for most after world update 3ā€¦and or the latest oculus update.
anywayā€¦ it gives me something to moan about :crazy_face:

2 Likes

This is happening for me too. The flashes appear to be the runway. They are only there fore one frame. The body of the plane disappears when the flash occurs. Does anyone have a solution?