Roads and streets are green and low resolution

It’s evident on a whole world not only in Germany, maybe change the thread name?

@Fx8138 screenshots show the blurry problem at it’s core

Is there talk to fix this? It looks horrible with otherwise great scenery…

Does anyone know if the roads are on the “radar” to be fixed? Most of the highways are a blurry and green color, it’s very distracting from otherwise great scenery. And this isn’t the middle of nowhere, east coast of the USA.

1 Like

I would love love this as well. Maybe post in the bug area to be voted on?

I suppose the colour of the roads depends on the Bing satellite image being used. IMO some roads are green, not the majority.

Hard to tell without an example. But I would say you are talking about the mask roads have over them to give them PBR effects

1 Like

They should take the color of the street as image, or what is just on the ground. They should classify then to what they have as street color defined. I saw places in the andes, where roads are unpaved, brown… and the overlayed street is full grey… ooops

Do you mean like this?

I’ve enabled and disabled photogrammetry and Bing data world graphics - with no success.

I have maximized all terrain/building etc settings also with no difference.

All the streets and roads are green. Only bridges are grey, not looked at rest of the world this is for the UK. Whats gone wrong ?

I noticed this recently too. Maybe Bing has become sentient and the apocalypse is here?!?!

I noticed this as well. This in the US.

I’ve filed Zendesk reports on many, too. I bet it has something to do with their AI texture cleanup needing some more training, so I hope when they have it dialed in it will solve all or most of them. :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

This is a problem on roads of the whole world not only with Germany.I don’t know much of the technical and software part but I don’t understand why the roads also had to be implemented as satellite imagery. This has led to very low resolution blurry textures of the roads. Also due to the satellite imaging, flat imprints of vehicles on roads have been created with in-game vehicles travelling over it.
In many places there are sudden jumps in roads (faulty road profile) with vehicles travelling over each other, suddenly emerging and then suddenly disappearing and travelling at ultra high speeds & vehicles travelling through bridges rather than over it.

As far as I feel,in this front, XP11 did a better job in rendering the roads and vehicles on it.There are clearly defined roads, sign boards ,vehicles, bridges with good resolution textures and the vehicles move in a smooth fashion that looks nice.
I am not criticizing, but then the present road system is an issue which affects the realism and needs a fix.I hope Asobo takes a note of it.

Considering that the Ai detected the roads as roads (becaus cars drive on them) it should be relatively easy to color roads grey ish and also not make the roads go up and down like hills…

Now we know about the world updates I would think this is something that will improve over time. Will be interesting to check out the roads in Japan once the update arrives.

I can’t tell you how many times I fly and see green roads on ugly green imagery. A lot of Bing imagery has an obnoxious radioactive green color to it to begin with- like Kryptonite. The green roads on the areas with less-annoying green are still annoying.

Please fix this. So many places I fly VFR lose some of their luster when green roads show up.

2 Likes

Yes I find this annoying, but I find stuttering and low FPS more annoying, so given the unpredictable nature of the patches, maybe this is one for the future when a few other basics are sorted out? Anyway I agree it is something that should be prioritised at some point.

1 Like

Since the release of the sim it seems I’ve been seeing this. Roads, highways…pavement in general is green. It’s just annoying. I’m sure with all the other stuff it’s way down the list, but roadways being the same color and having no definition like this sure does ruin the immersion.

6 Likes

Any screenshots? I don’t have this issue.

Yes, I’ve seen this in some areas, first noticed it on the Nevada bush trip. It looks like the roads are opaque and are showing the colour through from underneath.

1 Like