Rudder not working properly any longer

happy in general with the last uptade (after beeing forced to make a fresh install (: , i noticed a big problem using rudder . While working well during short inputs in flight , the rudder inflection is automaticlly centerd by the simafter a short moment - which makes steering on ground impossible- This occurs with pedals , but also when i asign rudder to my thruistmaster joystick ( there i have to invert axis)
Any solution are very welcomed

1 Like

i had this happen when inadvertantly having the keyboard stuck under a piece of my simrig (acrylic tabletop) and a button being pressed…
So, my tip would be, check if something, either keys or a controller, is not stuck on a button. Might even be an inverted xbox controller that is giving an input that is at fault. Or a gearshifter sitting in gear. (which would only be detected if actually activated, but would confuse the sim.)
Only thing i could think of at the moment, hope it helps.

Woof ~ Woof & Salute

Steiny

Are you flying in VR by any chance? If so, see here…

Regards
Steve

Suggest you read through parallel post “rudder recentering while applying full rudder”, which is mentioned above. It helped me :Turn offr assistance/rudder and try changing assistance from easy to medium.

I would also suspect it’s related to the assistance thingy, cycle the setting a few times and reboot the sim with no assistance turned on at all.

The rudder assistance is totally broken at this moment IMO. Don’t even know why it’s on by default.

Had this wierdness happen once, but moved to a different airport (KCRQ) and it went away

Fed up with all the bugs. After the latest update spent hours trying to figure out why the rudder centers.
MY SOLUTION and it Worked for me.
1- Turn all the Assistance Settings to High and Save
2- Exit the Flight Simulator and Reboot your computer
3- Restart MFS2020 but select a different airport to the one you usually use at start.
4- Check if the rudders work
5- If it does, go back to your default airport and test the Rudders again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.