Runway glitch causes crash

It’s important to realize this is not an airport-specific problem. Sure, you can use Developer Mode and the SDK to create a fix for a single particular airport, but that fix is simply a mod that tells the sim that the airport is a 2-dimensional surface with totally flat elevation.

The real fix is something Asobo has to fix in the game’s terrain rendering engine.

3 Likes

Please vote to raise the question at the next QA:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/is-asobo-aware-of-the-runway-tearing-issue-that-is-causing-loss-of-aircraft-loss-of-flight/322802/7

1 Like

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHh…8 F***NG and a HALF HOURS WASTED because of that!!
ASOBO fix this ASAP, what is the fun in doing short haul flight with the Queen or Dreamliner ??? NONE
I tested it at KJFK,KEWR,and KORD, same problem, no matter which RWY :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: it’s a FLIGHT simulator, not truck, nor bus nor train simulator. Runways must be flawlessly usable ! NO EXCUSES, sorry !

A whole bunch of us feel your pain. My worst experience was losing out on the Frequent Flier Miles achievement and a 10+ hour flight due to this issue.

1 Like

I love the hopeful “report it to zendesk”

My experience of zendesk so far leaves a lot to be desired, they seem a bit like Microsoft answers where amateurs provide the role of tech support because Microsoft can’t be bothered to do it themselves.
(and yes, ,I’ve tried turning it off and turning it back on again and yes…all my driver’s are up to date.)

Ask them a question, don’t get a response and discover that your ticket has been closed and flagged “solved”

Solved means they’re aware of the issue and fixing it. Not the best word to use, I know.

Also, Zendesk is the only way they’re able to get bug reports as it will tell them the frequency the issue occurs and provide a more detailed example in most cases. Either that or vote.

In any case, I know this has been reported by a number of people. Hope it gets fixed.

Very detailed post here:

i don’t think they fixed it i did a 10 hr stream today from NRT-SFO. lands at SFO on 28R and the glitch happened. really invisible in the early morning though. runway photogrammetry glitch occurs at 9:15:54

https://youtu.be/4FZgI_yVxb4

Experienced one yesterday at LFQQ at runway 25. I crashed just after touchdown.

Today at KEWR Rwy22R I was catapulted upwards some seconds after a good touchdown. Again!

Hello, gut the issue is still there go to cincinnati airport and land or take off on runway 30R big crash, also boeing airport is the same and i can remeber the other airports but they have a lot of uneven runway and taxiway not fix in date 2021-05-13

I got a lot of crash in taxiways and this is not funny, i taxi not over limit and they make aircraft crash because of unlevel and sudent lower or higher on runway. they not fast to fix this.

takeof runway 30R at cincinnati airport you will get a good on, use a jet engine aircraft like cessna longitude how need speed and lenght to go up.

I was having the same issue when landing there are glitches in the runways. I was landing in San Jose Intl KSJC

1 Like

Came across an issue landing at KEMT at night. I touched down and during rollout it said I crashed. I just threw my hands up in the air and said “What just happened?”.

Several topics complain about EDDP Leipzig from the start (!) it was not mentioned here yet… I can confirm a taxi way is going over a viaduct there… this viaduct is modelled all wrong… and the defect will crash your aircraft !

Hello, i got this many time it is the uneven terrain causing this, i sugest to report this to msfs2020.

Over a year later this is STILL an issue I just tried to finish a 12 hour flight landed perfect ran into the glitch and crashed

I hate when these glitches just lay waste to a perfectly executed long haul flight. It is such a major gut punch.

I got a similar issue and it is frustrating, i understand. Microsoft take to long time to solve issue and take ressource to make nice new scenery. I report a issue one year ago, whe the mouse pointer is over window box like ATC or NAVMAP i no longer have control of airplaine. MS tel me know issue but one year later the issue is still here! I suspect they do not test the updates on average PC that why we have a ATC telling a scrambles worlds on landing permission or takeof permission. Why take so long to fix the obvious issues??? We have to ask question about the procedure of update. Me, i want they fix the issue before put the ad-on.

MS/Asobo use a triage system and as long as you are able to fly anywhere else in the world then strictly localised scenery glitches don’t carry too much importance. Annoying as it can be (I’m from the Isle of Man so I know) it’s the correct way to handle bugs, those causing CTD’s etc. must take priority.