Saitek Flight Panels

Some have, its leaning on the side that they dont give a ■■■■. Asobo may be our only hope for native support now.

2 Likes

Pretty much what tofu said, our only real hope will now be Asobo :pray::pray:

@ThrowingFoot62, if you have a trim wheel and/or TPM, I was able to get them working. They are recognized in FS2020 but not assigned anything. If you look around the forum there are folks that have the instructions for those to add ons. For the switch and radio panels we’re still SOL.

How do you work spad.next? I have the trial version currently but I am unable to get it working. I have a Logitech MultiPanel. I got it to work in FSK Steam Edition.
Any suggestions on what I should do would be awesome!

MadMonkRRW

2h

Hi folks. Downloaded MSFS 20 yesterday on the Game pass Ultimate and was surprised to see no native support for the X55 and the Saitek radio. auto pilot and switch panels.

having invested a large amount for these items for use in FSX Elite Dangerous and Xplane. I think I may hold off on the purchase of MSFS 2020 until this obvious oversight has been looked into as my ancient arthritic hands cannot fly with a game pad And my finances will only stretch to either the Sim or the peripherals but not both.

Thanks for listening and who knows maybe a Dev will pick up on this.

07 Pilots

Ps posted this in self help forum and was advised by SirMaxxi to post it here.

Thank you. 07

1 Like

my apologies’ it was StangDriver7226 who informed me of this thread.

Hi folks good news and bad news.,…

Denis just released the new version 8.8 for MS FS2020. There are still some performance problems which MS has to solve. I’ll test this version on my machine.

Thanks to Denis who is doing a great job to help us all!
Here the original Message from Denis:
Hi,

V8.8 (with FS2020 support) now available for download
Works but may be disappointing… see What’s New guide
Severe performance problem in FS2020

Very different Install & Operating procedure – see the Install Guide

Denis

3 Likes

Andy is this for spad. Next?

If so a download link, will look to give it a go :+1:

To reiterate for those who aren’t going to scroll through almost 200 posts:

Official drivers available here:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024692354--Downloads-Flight-Multi-Panel
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024848713--Downloads-Flight-Instrument-Panel
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024693814--Downloads-Flight-Switch-Panel
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024698434--Downloads-Flight-Radio-Panel

They’re all the same file, så you only need to download it once, if you have additional products.

Be sure to start MSFS first and then use the Logitech driver shortcut on your desktop to get it to work. Allegedly this won’t be necessary the next time MSFS is updated.

Here’s a list of third party software

Don’t buy anything until you’ve tried the demo first!

11 Likes

for Spad Next you only need to pay $22 USD to get the panels working

https://secure.avangate.com/order/product.php?QTY=1&ORDERSTYLE=nLWonpS5rrs=&PAY_TYPE=PAYPAL&CLEAN_CART=1&PRODS=4701108

The $67.50 is for all the addons.

But i acutally wouldnt purchase anything until the 14 day free trail is up. by that time Asobo might have a fix so no need to go the payware route.

But thanks for laying out all the options, very helpful.

3 Likes

Thanks so much alien for that, hmmm not sure which way to go. I’ve almost taken out a small loan to get everything I wanted for this Sim so may just wait a little longer.

Would be great to hear from Asobo when the dust settles a little, it would be awesome if they kept up their roadmap for a little longer as they’re are enough teething problems but again their community communication had been second to none

I really hope since going live that they haven’t gone to radio silence!

2 Likes

Seems like they’re listening. Hopefully a patch for simconnect alleviates some issues.

1 Like

Good!

Here’s the quote we like:

In addition to this, we are also actively working on mapping out the functionality of the SimConnect API. We look forward to your continued feedback, which has proven to be invaluable so far!

Hear that guys? We’re being invaluable. They like it when you contact them and give them feedback on how much you really need them to fix SimConnect so we can use our panels.

1 Like

From now on i never ever will buy any Logitech product again, and i hope sincerely that many people will do so as well.
I’ll stick with Thrustmaster from now on, although the f 16 mfd’s don’t work in MSFS either…

3 Likes

Microsoft and Xbox games studio would be smart to just buy out the pro flight controllers and whatnot from Logitech at this point if Logitech is just gonna keep it in the basement.

1 Like

I’d just worry that if they did that, no one else could access the drivers. DCS and XP users could possibly be left behind. Although I’d hope that MS would do the right thing if this theoretically happened.

I didn’t think about that. Good point.

Can see a fix for low FPS there…And next FS2020 patch in not in this Month…

They’re working on SimConnect and that’s where the FPS issue lies. This has been confirmed by PilotEdge tweet, too.

Asobo has acknowledged the FPS issue associated with SimConnect applications (this includes PilotEdge) and is working on it. We will release the FS2020 pilot client for PilotEdge as soon as this is resolved.
PilotEdge twitter

So yeah, it won’t come out until the next patch, which won’t get a release date until august 27th, but it’s getting done. And even better, bigger fish than us panel owners are pushing to make it happen. 3rd party fish :whale:

1 Like

No its:

sorry forgot to include the link