Saitek Flight Panels

Lol rhats funny I see these alot in low production films and also the x52 or pro version makes me giggle

1 Like

@Tr1cky,
Dug out my second Radio Panel this morning, moved some things around and mounted it with the other. I had to delete the old driver and files, but managed to get the ā€œ8.0.313.0ā€ driver installed.
It took a reboot of the SIm, but now both of my Radio Panels and my Multi Panel appear to be working correctly.

Thanx so much for helping with this.

Jim-Sim

2 Likes

Although I am able to use all of my old Saitek gear with MSFS, the Multi-panel is the only one that appears to be giving me a problem, not hard to overcome just one of those head scratchers.

Details on the controllers plugged into my beast; Saitek Yoke w/ Quadrant, Saitek Quadrant, no issues with identification, I was able to configure profiles for both single and double engine use.
Radio Panel, Switch Panel and Multi-panel. Radio panel and switch panel have no issues, I can use them without issues.
The Multi-panel appears to work partially, I can use the flaps. There is a backlight on the display, but the display is blank, making the AP rather ineffective, though it would workā€¦ If I wanted to go in a straight line.
Iā€™ve figured out that if I unplug the multi-panel and plug it back in, the display will become active. I can set AP.

I have tried switching the hub that Iā€™m plugged into, using a powered hub since I found that the quadrant add-on doesnā€™t like being plugged into the Yoke. Iā€™ve run the Logitech panel utility (latest rev 8.0.290.0). This didnā€™t change the behaviour.
I saw a post on Power Save in the device manager, disabling this so the hub would stay on. The issue persists.

well, that makes a change! Itā€™s usually the Radio panel that causes the most trouble!

First, be aware that the hub built into the yoke requires a [5 volt] power supply to be able to function properly if two or more panels are plugged into it. You can buy these from ebay for less than Ā£10.
Hereā€™s one from a UK provider for Ā£8.29:

This is the set up I have. It makes everything nice and tidy and convenient.

Re your recalcitrant Multi panel:
Are you using this, the latest driver [curtesy of Tr1cky]:

https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/simulation/MSFS_Plugin_x64_Software_8.0.313.0.exe

If not make sure you uninstall any existing panel driver before you install it.

Further you can check the functionality of all your panels separately and directly from the Windows desktop [before starting MSFS 2020] with this:

https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/simulation/Flight_Panels_x64_Software_8.0.150.0.exe

Good luck, and post back here to let us know how you got on.

1 Like

Thanks CaptainLIF,
Both my external hub and the Saitek yoke are using auxiliary power adapters, but what you say made me have a look at the adapter used with the yoke, 5V @ 2A, the other has a 5V @ 4A Adapter. They might be a bit long in the tooth, I do have a spare charger I can swap out for the yoke. The behaviour is the same regardless of which hub I plug into though.

I donā€™t get it, the Logitech website still lists only the 8.0.290.0 utility from Oct 22, what ā€˜Inā€™ does Tr1cky have? Obviously access to the Logi ftp site.

The test utility works without issues, tried it months ago.

Iā€™m busy with the latest MSFS updateā€¦

Product Manager for Logitech I thinkā€¦

Tr1cky, AKA Richard Neville, is a ā€˜third party developerā€™ who - luckily for all us Saitek equipment users - has taken it upon himself to act as liason, here on the forums, for all things Saitek.

And whilst Iā€™m on the subject:
Thanks for all the help Tr1cky.
Have a good christmas.

6 Likes

Total agreement with captainLIF - many thanks to Tr1cky - much appreciated by me.
Regards, Alasdair (Fbasherā€¦)

3 Likes

whith the last update my switch panel sopped working in the sim, and i donā€™t know why. The panel wont even turn on and so i canā€™t use the multipanel (i cant turn on the avionics on the multipanel). i donā€™t know what to do. Does anone have that problem after the latest path (22 dec). ps the switch panel work i can even see it in the device manager and i can see the back light when i turn it on . Pls help

Iā€™d like to chime in with my thanksā€¦ Great job @Tr1cky.

Nowā€¦ if we just had a guy like this for Honeycombā€¦ we would have knobs that worked in proper increments and LEDā€™s that actually light up. Just sayinā€™

Jim-Sim

3 Likes

Itā€™s possible the MSFS plugin autorun got overwritten by the update. Maybe you can re-install the plugin and see if thatā€™s it?

I havenā€™t updated my sim yet so I donā€™t know if this will work, but itā€™s very easy and worth a shot. If that doesnā€™t work then maybe weā€™ll have to wait for @tr1cky to investigate.

-Jay

1 Like

Both my Switch Panel and Multi Panel are working fine after the latest update.

2 Likes

ty so muchā€¦ It worked reinstalling the plugin

Awesome! Glad it worked. Now at least I know that mine will work when I update the sim :laughing:

Happy flights,
-Jay

Good info! I was not at home so I couldnā€™t respond.

Glad you got it sorted.

Hope you both have a good one.

What is, or where is the plug-in as I am having issues after the last update.

This is the latest driver [curtesy of Tr1cky]:

[https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/simulation/MSFS_Plugin_x64_Software_8.0.313.0.exe ]

Make sure you uninstall any existing panel driver before you install it.

Is there anybody who had the com1 external Logitech radiopanel working in the Airbus A320 ( standard or Zibo mod)? I only can readout the frequencies on the external radiopanel. I can not adjust the frequencies with the external radiopanel in the A320! Do I something wrong or is this a known A320 bug? In the Cessna172 both ways are working for me, but not in the A320

Hi,
I see people are experiencing problems with lag, maybe my problem is also caused by this.
After updating the driver, every other second the screen freezes for maybe half a second. Itā€™s very periodic. The game is running at about 20FPS at landing. I use the Saitek multi panel and 2x radio panels along with Honeycomb Alpha and CH Quadrant.
Anyone experience anything similar?

Poor CaptainLIF, you gotta just keep posting the update link over and over. Itā€™s apparent people simply donā€™t read past the bottom post.
If yā€™all actually read whatā€™s posted above, youā€™d save the administrators so much time repeating themselves, and we could all save time scrolling and reading through the same inquiries over and over! :slightly_smiling_face: