Saitek Flight Panels

Before the update I had this happen and only on some aircraft.

Well, sometimes, you just have to admit to being a noob, so that’s what I’m doing here.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, before the last update and completely forgot to install the logitech panel drivers.
I still had the separate plug in on my desktop, so was running that before loading up msfs 2020.

In my defence, I’m getting on a bit now and hadn’t had my afternoon nap :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hi Tr1cky

You have been kind enough to help me previously a few months ago when I first started off. All has been going ok until the last updates. Now I have no Saitek instrument panels working ( they light up but they are not recognised by MSFS) and also my radio and multi panel are not recognised. Any help you can give an old man would be greatly appreciated.

Me too, until I switched from Modern to Legacy aircraft in Options. I also changed drivers in Nvidia Control panel from Gaming to Studio.
No more ctd’s and everything works good now.
But a fix is on the way. Hopefully that will stabilize things even more.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Is a fix DEFINITELY on its way or just a rumour? The way things are at the moment I cant really use my computer in any realistic manner

On its way Friday or Monday.
It’s posted in the Top of the forum! :+1:

1 Like

I read your suggestion and and I went to Legacy in the Flight Model tab and the Nvidia Control to Balance, then I flew the C172 for more than 2 hrs, landed IFR twice, the scenery looked a lot better, roads looked like roads (cement color), the landscape not really vibrant, but kind of dry, wich is the way things are here in California, USA. My Vsinc was on and fps limited to 30 fps. Not a glitch or stutter, in general the sim worked rather well, the A/P worked well from the Bravo controls, the plane in general worked as it should. That is all from my side. May I will check other planes the same way until the next fix. My suspicion is that these sttings are closer to the Xbox performance, my RAM was 50% used my CPU was 25% used and GPU clocked at 87% with 53% of the VRam used.

1 Like

I hope you switched the flight model back to Modern. Our shouldn’t be using a legacy for anything other than planes imported from FSX.

It was a run on sentence so looks like you are suggesting the Legacy flight model improved how your scenery looked, which makes no sense. Perhaps you changed other settings to do that, though. Perhaps that Nvidia Control set to Balance. Can’t say I’ve ever touched that.

But you definitely want to switch back to the Modern flight model. You might have found one that works for some reason, but you’ll find in others that you cannot even leave the ground.

1 Like

Legacy model has nothing to do with improved scenery. It seems it allows for use of Saitek Switches and peripherals without any issues. In Modern it’s a dogs breakfast. It works beautifully in the Cessnas, don’t know about the big jets etc

Either way it works and I’m flying again, until we see what the fixes bring us tomorrow or Monday.

This may be, but @hobanagerik’s point was that almost all aircraft (except those imported from FSX) will not behave as intended with this setting, many of them won’t work at all.

If you are happy with your airplane’s behavior then that’s fine for you, we just want to avoid that this is considered by others as a ‘fix’ for Logitech hardware, as it completely changes the flight model for non-FSX aircraft

2 Likes

So far so good. But it’s just temporary until new fixes. Better than getting CTD’s making it virtually unplayable. Now it’s pretty good :+1:

That was exactly my point, I wouldn’t suggest that it is a solution to the present problems, I just got to fly for a while with no issues.

1 Like

After accumulating 50 flight hours and flawless Saitek control on MSFS2020 the small PC update of MSFS2020 a week ago killed Saitek control totally and MSFS2020 is now crashing after loading a flight-plan. I have all the Saitek gadgets, the whole stack, just on Logitech drivers and Fsuipc / LNavMap. So, overlooking it, I wrecked my relationship with my provider due to over 100GB downloading, MS is disregarding it’s customers, as well as Logitech is disregarding all possible consensus and I have NO working MSFS2020 and my crafted cockpit is
 dead. I was pretty happy using MFSX including all scenery add-on’s and as a matter of fact, I’m back on MSFX. Not the fancy cinematic but it’s flying. What was that with an apple and a girl named Eva
 I just feel that I funded Microsoft to improve MSFS2020 and getting nothing for it in return except my 50hrs badge. Buggers!

Completely agree
 crazy system

i havnt encounted any issues with the flight panels but ofc i dont use saitek/logitech software im strict spad.next with zero issues

1 Like

Is anybody usin a Saitek Multipanel (A/P plus trim ) and the Bravo Throttle? Have you noticed anything special?

Nope, i use all the panels with bravo, i tend to not use the bravo AP functions other than Auto Pilot switch as its right next to me instead of reaching out to the ap panel switch.

Trim i just use bravo.

Configuring bravo a/p is a pain in the ■■■ but not too hard, where as using Spad.neXt out of the box is fine, you can also setup bravo through spad but i havnt tried that yet

The reason I asked was my Saitek Multipanel is functional, only the buttons but it does not show any numbers, the display is not working, but I can do any adjustment with the Bravo controls. It used to be that I could use and read either one. Using the Logitech driver and Bravo driver in the Community folder. This happened after SU5.

1 Like

Ahh yea the logitech drivers are ■■■■ on the best of days cause hey its logitech “case closed”

Do you mean you simply put the drivers files in the community folder ?
Does displays works on Windows desktop with the Flight Panels Test Software ?
(You’ll find it here: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024693814–Downloads-Flight-Switch-Panel , the last one at bottom of page).