Saitek Flight Panels

Yes, I put the Bravo driver from Honeycomb in the Community, that is where it is installed by their install process. The Logitech installs in Program Files and msfs runs it from there, and yes the Display works fine with the Test Software, also my Radio Panel works fine, it is only the display of the Multipanel that is not working. It used to before SU5, may be interferes now with the Bravo, but I like the display of the Saitek. I will remove the driver for the Bravo and see what happens, the driver is mainly for the A/P, and the warnings display above the throttles, which I donā€™t use very much, I am used to read the warning displays in the plane itself

I have found that using a powered USB hub and plugging and unplugging the AP panel after loading the sim to be a temporary workaround on the LED display not illuminating as expected.

I use Bravo, radio and multi- panel with Spad that only replaces the Logitech drivers. No issues. All controls work.

1 Like

I had forgotten about that trick, since I never had any problems, so I tried it again and it works, the problem is the simn freezes and take several minutes to comeback. Before SU5, any freeze due to peripherals connections, cameback very quick. Thank you all for the suggestions,I have never used Spad, the Bravo uses its own drivers in the Community folder AFC Bridge, it works fine. I will look into Spad for the Saitek, thank you again.

1 Like

For anyone looking at this:
If you use SPAD.neXt you need to remove the Saitek/Logitech drivers.
Also when using SPAD.neXt you can have a by plane setup config for supported hardware.
ie. for all supported hardware no longer have to change controller settings with in sim just set sim controllers to blank and do it all in SPAD.neXt.

1 Like

Hi all. Iā€™ve had a very long break from the game, hoping all annoyances would be fixed by the time I come back. Sadly, they are not.

I have a Honeycomb Alpha yoke and some logitech panels. I really do like the Logitech multi panel, the display on it really makes it a lot better than the Honeycomb Bravo functions.

However, using them together makes everything go crazy. The panel is only working intermittently, usually after a while it stops functioning completely. I also get inexplicable trim pitch changes, rendering the AP completely useless.

I seem to remember there being some issue with the Alpha functional switches and the Multi panelā€¦ I canā€™t remember which device is the culprit, what the solution was, and I wonder if someone has come up with something clever the last six months? Iā€™m sure a lot of you have this combination.

I have the Logitech panels, but not the yoke. I use SPAD to control the panels, not the Logitech drivers, and I donā€™t have the issues you describe.

The panels have an annoying habit of going to sleep when not being used, but if you disable enhanced power management on them this goes away.

But you said this happens while the sim is running, so that may be a separate issue.

Hi, yep, they usually come alive when I start the sim, so thatā€™s been okay. But I have issues with the panels dying, I think itā€™s an issue with my computer not delivering enough usb power for everything. Will order a powered usb hub.
Where do you disable the power management?

I have a multi panel and two radio panels, with a CH throttle and the Alpha yoke. Is spad easy to use? I guess like most things in the flight sim world itā€™s expensive?

SPAD isnā€™t expensive, but I wouldnā€™t say it is ā€œeasyā€. It helps to have an understating of SimConnect, or at least a familiarity of SimConnect events. You need to know the event or data you wish to bind, or alter. There are tons of examples confirms availablecfrom right inside the program, so these can get you up, and running fast.

SPAD will identify Logitech/Saitek devices which have enhanced power management enabled, and if launched elevated will turn this off for you.

Alternatively a tool was written which will identify these devices, if plugged in, and turned on, and do the same job for you. It only disabled EPM, and has nothing to do with programming though.

Itā€™s half the price of FS2020, if you look at it that way. I think if this SPAD makes my Logitech equipment work and solves my problems, Logitech hasnā€™t done a good enough job.
I only know SimConnect is the API for peripherals, not much moreā€¦ I like customizability (is that a word?) but Iā€™m looking for solutions rather than hobbies :slight_smile: I am a programmer, so Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll figure it outā€¦ Iā€™m installing the trial version now.

Edit: Okey, this guy clearly has spent a lot of time making this software, and it looks really nice, definitely have no problems paying for it, if it works.

1 Like

If you get the complete edition., it can also be used to control other devices, such as Elgato Streamdecks, and those small midi controllers by, i think, Sennheiser.

Iā€™ve used it since I started with MSFS, and I can assure you it works. Once you get deeper into programming your own mappings you are able to do stuff you never dreamt before :upside_down_face:

Check out the spad.next discord too, thereā€™s tons of info and help available

1 Like

The link does not work

https://web.archive.org/web/20200810113039/http://uraster.com/de-ch/produkte/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

1 Like

Hi all of a sudden my saitek multi panel wonā€™t work properly with A320 and 787. Issue is mainly with autopilot. No configuration changes have been made. Tired all trouble shooting with saitek support but issue persists. I even got a replacement panel. The panel works wonder with the cessna etc. A few weeks ago it worked with the airbus perfectly. All of a sudden I cant do ifr with the panel. Anybody has similar issues?

A32NX Flybywire?

No original a320 no third party add ons installed and did fresh install of game

Problem only with autopilot?

Apparently yes. Initially i thought that flaps were an issue too but thatā€™s another bug (sim resetting realism options) :frowning: Iā€™m completely lost

Never happened before.
Wieird

I had this resetting bug the other dayā€¦ spent ages messing around with my trim sensitivity before I realised all the assist options had come back on. Most annoying bug ever.