Saitek Multi Panel Test Software

Sorry for my English is a translator.
Hello, is there any program to test the multipanel saiteck without entering the simulator?
Now every time I want to test if it turns on I have to enter FS2020 and it’s a waste of time
Thank you and regards

Yes there certainly is.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you very much, I see that everything works correctly, now the problem is that when I enter FS2020 it does not turn on, I have the USB suspension disabled and the latest drivers installed, but nothing, it is working fine and two days ago it stopped. when starting the simulator it turns on for a moment and turns off.
I have put it in powered connectors, also directly to PC ports 2.0 and 3.0 but nothing, I don’t know what else to do

EDIT: I just realized that after executing the multi panel test, I entered the simulator and it recognized it without problems, it’s the first time in two days. This must have loaded some driver that did not run the simulator alone.
Hopefully it lasts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck. Those panels are awesome to fly with.
Could you mark the answer as solution so that others can find it back more easily? Tx.

1 Like

in the end it was not solved, it worked well but then after turning off the pc and going back after to start it up it was still the same, the test always works perfect, but the simulator does not turn it on. This is random, a shame because when they work it’s wonderful, I don’t know what else to do.

Well that’s a pity.
Could you open a different topic for the second issue then? The title of this topic is about the test software, and that is solved. What I mean is that more people will chime in to try to help you out when the title mentions that you have issues with the stability of the panels in msfs.
Certainly put in there that you have disabled the power save, your driver version, and when possible also the contents of your exe.xml file.

1 Like

I have made a habit of reinstalling the Logitech/Saitek plugin after any Sim update, since the process of updating the sim seems to break the handshake that enables the panels on sim startup.

A plugin reinstall has always fixed any issue I have ever encountered with the Logitech/Saitek hardware, and it takes very little time to do it.

1 Like

Hello Grabber, thanks for your help, do you mean the drivers “MSFS_Plugin_x64_Software_8.0.313.0” ??
The truth is that I only installed them once, but it is rare that sometimes it works and others not without reinstalling them, I will try it thanks again.

1 Like

Launch msfs and go to controls options.
Assign key or joystick button to Toggle Avionics Master

apply and save

Go to world map and select departure > fly.

Pre-Flight Checks (example below).

• before starting engine
  • starting engine/s
  • press toggle avionics master key or button
1 Like

Yes, that one plugin runs all of their hardware components.

1 Like

Same issues, the solution does not work.

Been struggling with the switch panel since MSFS came out. Works for a while., does not work, and back again.

Does someone have a good fix that works once and for all.
using 8.0.313.0

1 Like

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/saitek-multi-panel-test-software/546099/9

1 Like

Sorry. Switch panel is dead as a doorknob.
I tried plugging to its own usb port

The panel does not show any sign of life, yet it is there in the windows device list - showing

1 Like

Thanks for the idea, but it doesn’t work either every time it’s more thankless than every 5 or 6 times it works at most once, whatever you do.
I am convinced that it is a problem with the Logitec / saiteck drivers for MSFS2020 because if it is not incomprehensible.

And the worst of all is that every time you want to test you have to wait for the simulator to load with the time it takes, because there is no other way to know if it will or not, the test always works well :frowning:

Hello, I have just restarted MSFS after reinstalling the drivers that you mentioned and it has worked, I don’t know if it was because of that or not because in my case it is quite random, but hopefully it is that, we will see in the following boots, now I don’t I feel like flying, thanks :slight_smile:

If it continues to be an issue, make sure to disable the USB device shut down for all devices in the device manager. There is a wealth of info to google on this subject if you need assistance.

1 Like

yes that was the first thing I did and that I check from time to time in case it changed itself, thanks

Here’s an explanation. Sometimes msfs messes up the exe.xml file that loads all external drivers, f.ex logi or realsimgear.
A fresh install often restores the correct entry in this file.
My advice would be: always follow @TenPatrol advice. He’s mostly always correct :wink:

2 Likes

You hopefully are aware that there exists a batch file for this action?

1 Like

No, and I have been wanting something like that for years. Do you have a link?

1 Like