SamScene3D Vancouver City Times

just sharing here to: Great news today on FB from Dev team over at Samscene3d they are doing Vancouver! said released by end of year. so far just a preview of downtown and a seaplane base. if anyone knows by now, their scenery designs are amazing! so this will be a great fix/update from the unfortunate aftermath of WU11 to those who are interested. can’t wait!

hopefully soon Toronto…CN tower…will be next

5 Likes

SamScene 3D just released a scenery add-on for both Toronto and Vancouver.​ Here is the video of Vancouver but it only seems to cover downtown Vancouver:

Can any Vancovuerite that buys this check to see if major buildings, shopping centers, and bridges in central Vancouver (south of downtown), Richmond, Burnaby are also covered? In the video, nothing is shown for central Vancouver, Richmond and Burnaby. Richmond in particular I am interested to know what buildings and bridges are modeled because it’s on the landing path for CYVR, and I also like to land the floatplane at the seaplane terminal next to CYVR (which also cuts through Richmond).

3 Likes

SamScene3D’s Vancouver scenery is out now! Not sure if I can share links, but just Google “Vancouver City Times for MSFS SamScene3D” and you’ll find it.

Not affiliated, was just excitedly waiting for it. Now just to wait until it’s available for Xbox…

2 Likes

And it is very nice!

1 Like

Funny I should see this now. I was just checking that scenery out. It looks incredible! Here are a few links that you might find helpful…

1 Like

Really bad practice for the developers to nuke entire cities, and basically then require aftermarket purchases to make up for it. I hope future world updates don’t follow on this practice.

5 Likes

Although there are some really nice freeware updates for Vancouver, I decided to pick up the Vancouver City Times for MSFS yesterday. I’ve been keeping PG off ever since WU11 because Victoria and Vancouver look atrocious and those are the areas I fly around a lot. The package also includes updates to the inner harbour area of Victoria including the docks & buildings at CYWH which was part of the rationale over continuing with just freeware (which are very good indeed but the package adds “more” to both areas). While in “upgrade mode” yesterday, I also added the FsimStudios CYVR which includes the CYHC and CAM9 seaplane airports (again, nice freeware is available for these but I was looking for an upgrade to those as well).

I’m very happy with the results of the upgrades with only one real bone to pick and that’s the implementation of the 3D model for the Granville Street bridge. With PG off it’s too short so there are visible gaps between it and the connecting roadways. With PG on the transition on the North end still has a dip/gap but it’s not too bad. Of course, I want to keep PG off until the problems with WU11 are fixed. In the meantime, hopefully the bridge will be addressed in an update by SS3D.

Here’s a few shots from an enjoyable flight into Vancouver Harbour this morning:

4 Likes

I had forgotten to take screen shots before taking off from Victoria this morning so am adding a few here from Victoria’s inner harbour. I don’t think there is any freeware that adds this many buildings around the water way (remembering of course the goal is to keep PG off for now) but I could be wrong. It was the Victoria enhancements that initially drew me to buying the package.

3 Likes

If you want to keep PG off, can you add Vancouver Bridges to fix the Granville Street bridge?
Or, what I do, is to disable PG cities in WU11 and add the freeware CLI4D Vancouver PG scenery as the base layer for the SamScene scenery. That looks good together.

Imgur

1 Like

EDIT:

The Vancouver Bridges package Granville Street bridge almost works but starts out underneath it then sticks through the SS3D bridge and the north end doesn’t join the road properly either:

The Cli4D package kind of solves the bridge visual but then creates other problems:

1 Like

I got this the other day too. If you fly over Vancouver a lot its worthwhile. Personally I never really had an issue with the WU11 Vancouver, other than the bridges and the overgrown trees, but this integrates pretty well anyway. If you’ve got the SamScene3D New York scenery you’ll know what to expect. Its definitely a improvement.

1 Like

I grabbed YVR and YYZ as there is a “Canadian Bundle” sale.

I already have RomanDesigns YYZ enhancement pack which makes the CN tower, etc… look great and is free but figured I’d grab this as well.

1 Like

For the CLI4D scenery, you should disable the Vancouver Bridges… :wink:

1 Like

I thought I had as I was checking them independently. Just to be sure, I checked again and interestingly I see the Cli4D bridge also pokes out through the top of the SS3D bridge. I took a couple new shots to show the Van Bridges package bridge isn’t hiding underneath like it does when it’s installed. In your setup, do you not see the crane sticking out the side of the building like I do?

The good news is I got a response from SS3D and they are going to see if it can be improved.

2 Likes

Beginning to look pretty good to me… and if SamScene can make it even better… great! :grinning:

1 Like

From past experience with them Samscene are pretty responsive to constructive feedback on their products.

2 Likes

For some reason, I do not get the melted vegetation, and the crane is actually next to the building…

Imgur

1 Like

Any chance someone could take a screenshot of Robson Square looking west towards Burrard? Still waiting on the Xbox release. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@drkology Will this do?

Imgur

2 Likes

Yes that is awesome, thanks for this! Fingers crossed for this week’s Marketplace update.

1 Like