Save a different Callsign for each aircraft

Yeah well, that’s why it’s important to be able to take into account multiple perspectives and point of views to be able to understand the whole thing.

Is there a new bug with the registrations? I have none set in the UI in the sim but it still does display a registration on the planes and uses them for ATC. The thing is I can’t seem to delete it now.

This is very frustrating overall I have to say

Did you check the registration number on the liveries’ aircraft.cfg?

Well I typed a registration into the UI and flew the Asobo stock C152. Then I ended that flight and loaded another one and the plane (Justflight Arrow IV) showed the same registration that I typed in the UI in the cockpit and it was used for ATC. Not the reg that’s displayed on the plane.

After a restart it was back to normal. This hole thing is very buggy though.

I can’t seem to get it to “forget” the last registration I typed on the UI. I have the tail number in the liveries Aircraft CFG file, and I removed the custom one inside the sim…but it still loads the last custom one I used. I’m new to this, but I’m clearly doing something wrong :slightly_frowning_face:

When you put your cursor in to the Customisation screen Tail number field. Press the Clear button that’s on the bottom left of the screen.

1 Like

Ahh, I was just hitting the “ok” button down there. I’ll give it a try tonight, and shall report back. Thanks!

I’ve not been successful yet. I changed the tail number on the liveries aircraft CFG, as well as the one in the file for the actual aircraft. (This particular livery doesn’t have its own registration painted on)

When I look at the aircraft in the hanger, it displays the tail number I want…but when I load the aircraft in the sim, it still loads the last custom one I used. I did as instructed, hitting the clear button on the customization menu with the tail number field selected. That field is blank, so I don’t know why it’s so insistent on displaying the last one I used.

This could be implemented with the “Favorite Aircraft” folder a lot of folks have been asking for. I like the idea.

1 Like

We should have the ability to store separate Tail Numbers for each aircraft.

When selecting an airplane, the “Customization” “ATC OPTIONS” “TAIL NUMBER” should stay with that aircraft.

I know we can edit each aircraft’s atc_id, but each time Asobo updates, this is reset.

IRL, you do not use the same tail number for all your planes… :laughing:

Before YOU GO OFF on my comment… Yes, it is possible to own more than one plane. Even when selling a plane and getting another plane, you don’t usually keep that tail number. The Tail Number “TYPICALLY” stays with the plane. I know it is possible to change the tail number, but to de-register, and register a new number then paint the plane with a new tail number… that path can be more expensive than necessary.

Suggest having a unique ATC option for each aircraft (not necessarily for each Livery). This also makes it easier for people who also fly “Heavy”.

I think they don’t allow it since people could put vulgar stuff on it.

But, each livery in essence is considered a different aircraft. So, should that really be by aircraft or Livery?

Actually, I’m one of those that use the same tail number on all my planes. Maybe while flying in Virtual Airlines, I would use different ones.

I normally use ATC and don’t use VATSIM, so I do like to use the same number, so I can more easily catch when ATC is trying to reach me.

But, I do think that having the capability to use different callsign by Aircraft or Livery would be good.

Somewhat related, and maybe a alternative way of doing this.

How about putting the fields for tail no, callsign and flight no front and centre on the world map screen so you can change these easily without diving into further menus.

If you’re flying airliners the tail number and callsign can come from the livery cfg but flight number changes every flight.

What I would really like to do is get rid of “baked-in” registrations so I can use my own. But I understand that they are part of how the livery is put together and takes far more than just changing a few letters/numbers. Bit beyond me I’m afraid.
But I’ll give the above workaround to try and see what happens.

Can we make the Callsign’s follow the individual aircraft within the sim so we can have a C337 Skymaster and then change to a B737 and not have it called Skymaster also?

SQK7700 is my default tailnumber.
And on top of that I key 7700 into the sqack panel.
Doesn’t give me privileges while on approach.

Customization should be saved on every airplane and livery separately, so I don’t have to change callsign etc. every time I change plane/ livery.

1 Like

And cockpit camera settings as well!

There is a separate wish for this one: