Save World Map Filters

+100 Totally agree, the world map is becoming more and more cluttered with spam markers and it’s really annoying that the fliters don’t save

2 Likes

It would be extremely helpful for a hotfix/update to make us able to save our filters. Every simulator launch seems like a chore to clean up the world map to be able to see the airports.

5 Likes

Brief description of the issue: every time I change settings to the map filters (such as filtering cities, fauna and such) it saves the information for that session only., After a sim restart, it all goes back to default, this has basically always happened, but by now I would think it should be fixed. I am using developer mode, have made no changes to it. I am using the MS store version (premium deluxe) and I have tried with an empty community folder as well. Has anyone found a way around this?

You may have to hunt around and do some searching here for the topic, but yes, there is a config file somewhere that you can edit to keep the filters active. I did this for the NAVAID filter, but I don’t recall the details anymore. I also can’t remember if you need to set the file as read-only after you edit or not. I’m sure those details are in the thread.

ok, thank you for the advice. I will search for that said config file. I still think this needs a fox from Asobo, we shouldn’t have to hunt it down for it to work

Found it.

2 Likes

wow, that was quick. thank you for this

No need to change any attributes of the file. Just change the values.

Seems it’s not longer working :sleepy: :sleepy:

After an update, you need to redo it.

done, but it’s not working

I’mm not sure why that would be.
Mine are working.
Are you on MS Store or Steam?

I’m using MS Store

So am I, which makes it stranger.
When you open the file, did the “save” take, in other words, are these options still as this?

I had the same issue yesterday, I changed one of the navaids attribute to yes, saved the file and the map view showed the ils info on the map on runways. When I exited the sim and re-opened the xml to change the other two nav aid functions to yes and saved the file, both options were still off in the sim map and i could not see waypoints. I had to exit the sim, open and re-save the xml to get these attributes to change to yes in the sim, it worked the second time around.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check it later…
works again :grinning:

1 Like

It does the job. Thank you.

I just wonder why Microsobo can’t make a permanent fix.

Probably just not interested.

Yes that will be it.

EVERY single time…

Just create a shortcut to the file and amend it after each update, that’s what I do along with resetting the ATC mod.