Save World Map Filters

yep - I’m tired of seeing and turning off POI & City markers every time I load the sim :wink:

1 Like

This is driving me nutty. I hope someone knows how to fix this.

When I go to the flightplanner, I click on ‘Open filters’ and turn on ‘Navaids’… the next startup it’s off again.

Doesn’t this save automatically and if not, where do I go to get it to stick? I seem to remember it used to save this stuff automatically…

There is an addon on flightsim.to for world map settings that might do this. I think it is set to the author’s settings and you have to edit an xml that goes into community folder to customize.

1 Like

I will check it out, thanks.

The weird thing is that I’m almost (almost) sure it did save these settings initially… I can probably also hack the settings file somewhere… it must be reading some default one. If I can get it to ‘on’ in there it might work. But this is all a bit silly…

1 Like

They are not persistent between simulator sessions. When you exit, the filters reset.

This is the edit I used. It may get overwritten by updates to the sim, so bookmark it or copy the notes somewhere for future reference.

8 Likes

Thanks!

It’s working :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just about to create a wishlist topic for this, nice!
I 100% want this also

1 Like

It would be nice, if the selected settings(e.g. show nav-data) in the World map are saved until new changes are done.

3 Likes

I think right after release of MSFS, this worked for a few weeks. Then some update came…

After such a long time its still not working. Perhaps one of the Asobo developers could explain what the difficulty is, that it is not possible to save the map settings.
Perhaps its a feature

+100 Totally agree, the world map is becoming more and more cluttered with spam markers and it’s really annoying that the fliters don’t save

2 Likes

It would be extremely helpful for a hotfix/update to make us able to save our filters. Every simulator launch seems like a chore to clean up the world map to be able to see the airports.

5 Likes

Brief description of the issue: every time I change settings to the map filters (such as filtering cities, fauna and such) it saves the information for that session only., After a sim restart, it all goes back to default, this has basically always happened, but by now I would think it should be fixed. I am using developer mode, have made no changes to it. I am using the MS store version (premium deluxe) and I have tried with an empty community folder as well. Has anyone found a way around this?

You may have to hunt around and do some searching here for the topic, but yes, there is a config file somewhere that you can edit to keep the filters active. I did this for the NAVAID filter, but I don’t recall the details anymore. I also can’t remember if you need to set the file as read-only after you edit or not. I’m sure those details are in the thread.

ok, thank you for the advice. I will search for that said config file. I still think this needs a fox from Asobo, we shouldn’t have to hunt it down for it to work

Found it.

2 Likes

wow, that was quick. thank you for this

No need to change any attributes of the file. Just change the values.

Seems it’s not longer working :sleepy: :sleepy:

After an update, you need to redo it.