Save World Map Filters

World Map still not saving filters

I saw your post got moved. Iā€™m sure I read yesterday someone reported that their map filters were being saved in the Beta.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/old-bug-resolved-saving-settings-on-world-map/529766

It works for some, not for others. :thinking:

I know the settings are stored in a file. Perhaps it might be worth shutting the sim down, delete/renaming that file, then re-launch the Beta, and try again. Perhaps the format has changed, perhaps yours failed to updateā€¦that sort of thing.

1 Like

Thank you so much! This has been driving me crazy and the suggested fix works perfectly so far.

2 Likes

This is my issue with the voting system. Big, long-term bugs that will take years to iron out are at the top and get ALL the attention from the devs, meanwhile, something as simple as this that could probably be fixed in minutes is just left to linger for months/years.

2 Likes

Exactly the same situation on PC. Filter settings are not saved, I have to set them again every time.

1 Like

I would like to refresh this request (which is now 2.5 years old)

The World Map remembers the last

• plane you flew
  • multiplayer setting
  • weather setting
  • traffic setting

So, it should also remember the last Filter setting too. Thanks

4 Likes

Filter settings: you can edit the worldmap.xml

maybe he canā€™t ? if he is a xbox user ā€¦

Xbox. And there is no reason the user-settings canā€™t be saved exactly as the plane, weather, multiplayer and traffic are saved.

1 Like

2 years laterā€¦ Still no option to save the settings? Would this take 5 minutes for the devs to fix? =)

4 Likes

I fly xbox x and yes I hate it that I have to reset the filters EVERY timeā€¦ If one is trying to make a flight planā€¦ wouldā€™t you want the airports, fixes and way point, Vorā€™s? I mean why would you not want those ON?

one gentelman said. it only take a few seconds to turn them onā€¦as if we are the problem not the softwareā€¦lol
And I would love it if you could customize it and it would stay that wayā€¦as long s the grass grows and the sun shines.

3 Likes

Iā€™m on PC and quite often, my filter settings have been saved, not sure why, nothing I did. Perhaps when I repeat the same flight the following day.

1 Like

(In beta 1.34.10.0) World map, filter settings should NOT return to default every time MSFS is restarted! There is a ā€œF12ā€ ā€œDefaultā€ button when needed. Thanks.
Really tired of turning filters on/off everytime i start the sim.

3 Likes

Does anyone else find it crazy/ridiculous that something like this still hasnā€™t been implemented after 3 years?

Doesnā€™t anyone in the UI group want to improve on their original work?

7 Likes

It seems like itā€™s another one of those low hanging fruit issues, which despite perhaps not a hugely important issue for some, might be an easy fix to roll out, and would be one more QoL issue ticked off the list.

Just one of many tiny niggles.

4 Likes

With many aspects of FS2020 executed better than any other low-cost simulator software, it is clear that the development team is very smart, so it is a shame that not saving World Map filter settings makes them look stupid.

2 Likes

Why is this even a wishlist item anyway? Surely itā€™s a bug. I mean this canā€™t be working as designed, right? I donā€™t remember it ever saving for me but apparently it did for some people in the early days?

1 Like

The sad thing is, as the date of the OP here indicates, saving World Map filter settings was needed way back at initial release. AND IT WAS FIXED at some point, perhaps a year later. But then a subsequent update removed this feature and itā€™s been missing ever since. So probably Asobo regards this item as solved and doesnā€™t realize itā€™s come back.

1 Like

Maybe they donā€™t want to fix it.

1 Like

To me, it shows they donā€™t care or donā€™t know how to do something so simple. Surely, itā€™s been brought to their attention and while Iā€™m not a programmer, I canā€™t imagine itā€™s THAT difficult to have the map save the settings we choose.

6 Likes