Scenery tiles not loading for northern Canadian islands or northern Greenland

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

High resolution scenery tiles are not loading in Northern Canada or Greenland, neither in the simulator nor in the map view.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

83.042253 -67.989080
Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly anywhere over the very northern islands of Canada or the northern coastline of Greenland

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I kept on flying and the scenery started to appear at lat 81.808929, lon -91.216493. It’s clear where it began and is very consistent

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes. First time I’ve flown in this area, so I cannot make a comparison with a previous flight, but the ground textures look wrong to me. Lots of tiling and “smears” for want of a better word.
…
FYI, the trees are above the tree line issue is bugged here.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Take off from Alert (CYLT) and head east across the bay to Victoria Lake on the far side (see map)
…
Partial Specs & settings:
Build: SU15B v1.37.12.0
3rd-Party Addons: None, Community Addons: None
i7-12700K (No overclocking), 32 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 CL40, Intel Arc 770 (16GB, v31.0.101.5382).
Graphics Tab: Full Screen 3840 x 2160 TAA, Render resolution - 100, AMD Fidelity - 150, VSync - On, FRL - 33% MRR (120 Hz), HDR10 - On, DX12B, TLOD @ 400, OLD @ 200, Motion Blur - Off, Other settings - all Ultra (Water Waves & Glass Cockpit Refresh Rate @ High).
Data Tab: Data Connection: All six options - On, Data Limit - Off, Bandwidth - Unlimited, Rolling Cache - Off
Developers Tab: Developer Mode - Off
MSFS Version: MS-Store, Standard, plus All World & City Updates

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Repro - Scenery tiles not loading northern Canadian - Greenland 3

1 Like

the problem is that Bing doesnt have the data

i’m not sure if there’s anything asobo can do from their end

Agree with @TOLOWTERRAIN723, this is not a bug but more likely a limitation of Bing that has no high resolution images for that region. Below the coordinates provided in the 1st post:

There is a wish to improve north & south regions:

Moved out from Bug category to User Support Hub Scenery & Airports.