Schweizer S300

Looking to purchase nemeth Schweizer S300,
On nemeth site it is version 1.0.1
On marketplace it is version 1.0.5

Anyone flown the latest version on pc in vr

Thank you

I would search this topic for the S300 thread that is already out there.
This one has mixed reviews. I personally love it, but a lot of users are not happy with it.

I have the marketplace version, I’m not sure why there is a difference in versions numbers.

1 Like

That’s incorrect. On the Nemeth site it’s version 1.0.5

Sorry if im wrong, looked again and all i see is this on website

Thanks again for reply and your fantastic videos,

After watching your videos ive added huey and r22 to my msfs virtual ferry pilot hanger,
also downloaded the logging scenery from your r66 video,

Just purchased Schweizer S300cbi

1 Like

They clearly haven’t updated that page then… I’m looking at my download page on their site and the latest is definitely v1.0.5

1 Like

I take it you purchased from their website rather than marketplace

Please let us know how you get on with it.
I would say nobody should buy it as it is right now, with one mayor flaw they dont do anything about.

What is the major flaw you are referring to?

For me, I want them to fix the passenger arm position and lack of/too quiet rotor sounds.

I’ve purchased from their website before and regret it. I’ve got three aircraft from them that I range from “ambivalent” to “why haven’t I deleted this yet”.

All I can say without being unduly negative about nemeth is caveat emptor

1 Like

Cyclic is all twisted, you cant fly it!
I can only fly it if i lay the controller in my lap and rotate it like 20-30 degrees to the right, THEN the cyclic does what it should do and its nice to fly.
But this is a very strange position using the controller in and nothing I want to get used to, so I am waiting for a update, that will never come, since its nemeth.
They will and have updated it, but just like the 407, they dont understand the problem.

are you on pc or xbox,
what version-update number

Thanks

Xbox, cloud.

Dont know, the latest one.

But doesnt matter, this is the reason this chopper has a bad rating, but people dont know that its the twisted cyclic, just that you cant control it.

I think you mentioned this in the other S300 thread.
I cannot reproduce this problem, maybe Nemeth can’t either…

Do you have this problem with any other helis, or just this one?

Yet again, the rating says it all, everybody that has given it bad rating has this cyclic.
There is nothing else wrong with this chopper, so that is the only explanation for the rating.

Its only this chopper that has this crazy cyclic.

1 Like

Fully agree. A while ago I put quite some effort into finding out what is up with this helicopter, and if the problem was my lack of skills or the flight model of the S300. I tried to communicate with Nemeth through the comments section of their Facebook update posts without any success. That is really my biggest gripe, their total lack of communication …

Got my girlfriend to try out this chopper, just to show how easy it is to find this flaw.
Just standing on the runway not touching anything but cyclic, she pushes up on cyclic, it rolls to the side and flips over…

I tell her to rotate it (the controller) and push up again, this time the chopper tries to pitch forward, but cant.
Tell her to push down and it now tries to pitch the nose up, but cant, just like it should if the cyclic was working as it should.

So a girl that has never flown anything in any game ever could replicate it without even lifting of the ground.

If this is a xbox thing then it maybe behaves differently in this scenario on a pc. Idk! Try!

I’m sorry you are having this issue with it. It’s a shame because it really is such a fun machine.
I’ve tried flying it on my PC with my PFT Puma, an Xbox controller and a T16000M and I can’t reproduce the offset cyclic. For me, it behaves as it should…

I’s a hard topic to discuss, because on one hand, it’s been updated 5 times. So Nemeth is obviously doing something…yet the passenger model is still messed up. That seems like an easy fix.

As far as the Marketplace ratings…who knows. Since we can only give stars and no explanation as to why :wink:

1 Like

What happens then if you push straight up on controller just sitting on the runway?
Push all the way up.
Does it put equal load on both sides and just tilts slightly forward?

If so, then I would love to see this choppers rating on pc versus xbox, because I dont think there is anything else wrong with it and might be the best chopper in the game with this fixed.
Truely!

And if it really is not there on pc, then it cant be hard finding out what has gone wrong on xbox.
But I am no programmer, idk.

I will do some more testing, but When I fly, I never make full travel inputs. That’s not how helicopter controls work, but I will test and see what happens.

In the mean time, do some testing for me on your end. Tell me what happens if you sit the controller down, and try to control it like an RC helicopter. Use your index finger & thumb on the stick you have assigned for cyclic and make only tiny inputs to control the S300. Just small little nudges of the cyclic stick.

The full travel of the cyclic is intended for different phases of flight. In a real helicopter, you would never make a full travel forward input, but rather small corrections in whatever direction necessary to keep your hover. To transition to forward flight, you would SLOWLY move the cyclic forward and keep it there to maintain momentum. You can’t just jam it forward and expect to maintain control. That would apply A LOT of torque from the main rotor. Which could theoretically be controllable, but would require a collective, throttle and tail rotor input of the same magnitude to maintain control.

I have never made an abrupt, full travel movement of the controls in a real helicopter to be able to see if the virtual response is correct. I would assume a right twist and altitude drop would occur on the same magnitude of the cyclic input I made, if I didn’t touch the other controls.

I really hope we can solve this so everyone can enjoy this helicopter. Or find something repeatable to help Nemeth fix whatever is wrong.

1 Like