Schweizer S300

Nice flying! Your inputs look good. All seems normal to how a real helicopter responds. You need a little left cyclic while hovering and taxiing below ETL speeds to counteract the right translating tendency due to the tail rotor thrust. Also, the roll is correct with large fore and aft cyclic inputs because the change in attitude of the helicopter. Due again to the tail rotor thrust. When you move that thrust moment up above the normal station, it rolls the helicopter right. When you move it down below the normal station, it rolls the helicopter left.

Did you try full travel inputs while on the ground with flat pitch to see if you get the same response?

It would be great if the input viewer was in the marketplace so we could evaluate the Xbox version as well.

Edit: watching both our vids I noticed a bug with the skid contact sound that I donā€™t remember from beforeā€¦now it sounds like tires rather than skids.

1 Like

I would love to hear about your time flying real helicopters and how you felt it related to RC. That was back before they all had digital gyros in them to keep them stable.