See Scenic Montana, USA

I live In Montana, USA, and it is a beautiful state and great place for a nice VFR flight! I would suggest starting off at KBZN-Bozeman/Yellowstone International Airport. From there, fly northwest to KMSO-Missoula International Airport and make a quick stop. Then for your final leg, head north to KGPI-Glacier Park International Airport. You will see many beautiful sites along this route including Notable Mountain Ranges, Rivers, Lakes, National Forests etc. Although all the airports listed are International airports, they are still small enough to be unique in many ways, and great for GA Aircraft, yet large enough to handle Commercial Jets. The whole trip is roughly 250 Nautical Miles.
HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!! As far as a suggested aircraft to use, I would go with a Single Engine Piston Prop so you are not going too fast to take in the beautiful sites along the way!

9 Likes

Nice. You might want to also post this info in this thread as it asks for nice trips:

Fly safe.

2 Likes

Beautiful trip, thank you. Here’s my reworked second leg: from KMSO to S27, the smaller airport serving Kalispell
Leaving KMSO at 7:49am, live weather :

Flathead Lake in sight

Kalispell S27 runway in sight

3 Likes

That flight was amazing! I especially liked following that river in between the mountains and through the valleys southeast of KMSO.

1 Like

I’m glad you enjoyed the flight! Thanks for sharing the pictures!