Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

Me too, I’m eating fist fulls of lorazepam :smiley: I do feel for those affected on XBOX, it’s worse, it is.

That’s the strangest thing about all the issues raised here as far as I’m concerned. Not everyone is having them whilst others have them all. I have had all of those raised so far but not every time I fly. I only have 3 addons and they are 3 aircraft nothing more.

I’ve just been watching some of the video captures I did on SU8 and it is smooth!!! even when I was at Heathrow with about 20 other aircraft (live and generic). It just doesn’t make sense to me that it cannot have been caused by the SU9 as nothing else has changed.

2 Likes

I flew out of Delhi on SU8, I’ve never seen so much traffic, it was awesome, holding patterns in the air, queuing up for the runway, and the game worked perfectly! Now as I say, I can barely get onto the tarmac. For me the issues started happening immediately after the update, so I can’t look anywhere else but SU9.

6 Likes

the difference in the sim from last monday to last tuesday is quite stark

4 Likes

For those experiencing CTDs/stuttering from the menus it might be worth you voting on this post to hopefully highlight the issue better.

1 Like

As well as here

140 votes and counting

1 Like

The funny thing is, I don’t get CTD at all (knock on wood). Since SU9 I got one, that was on the World Map. In-flight, never. Stutters, lock-ups, everything is there but it doesn’t crash for me. I’ve got live everything turned on, partly for stress-test reasons. I completed 787-10 flights with around 15-20 fps all the way, it was terrible but still worked. So it’s really a mystery what causes these for some.

Do you still have the possibility of emptying your cache and setting it to 16 or 18, for me it’s impossible now, either it says that the value entered is incompatible, or that it is greater than the available space, definitely at Asobo only bugs are updated regularly

I have all options intact. Rolling cache is set to 16 GB, although it makes no difference in performance or stutters. The last time I loaded in a flight and pressed “Ready to fly”, the game instantly locked up for ~20 seconds and I was wondering if it was going to crash or not. It didn’t, but this quality is frankly unacceptable.

I highlighted I had this issue earlier in this topic. Previously on SU8 I had no rolling cache issues and had 32Gb set all of the time. On SU9 it will accept both 8Gb and 16Gb but when I type in 32GB it says it is not a numerical number. I also had issues early on with SU9 where the rolling cache would disappear and not let me change the values.

No it isn’t if you fly in “offline” mode like me. At least I have something to fly until a patch or fix is issued. I’m happy with what I have, I’m “thankful” and grateful I have at least that, unlike other people (in general), who are thankless and ungrateful and not satisfied they have at least that.

I’m not grateful, for the simple reason that it’s not worth the 120 € I invested, bottom line

5 Likes

I tried reinstalling the sim to see if it works better but now i can’t even load a flight, when i press the fly button it doesn’t load or it just CTD while in the loading screen. 🤦🏻

Try turning off Live Weather and everything else on. It works for me this way, where with live weather on I get severe lagging and stuttering.

Maybe you will notice the same?

For me globaly it was ok but since SU9 take off runway et landing runway defined in my mcdu (A320 neo default on XBOX) are not respected by ATC.

This is not the time or place to be calling people with a genuine grievance “thankless and ungrateful”
Why should we be grateful for a lot less than we were promised when we bought this game.
Negative comments like this do not help. If you are truly happy with you have, good luck to you but let’s stay on thread and keep it friendly.

6 Likes

Sounds like the toilet is backed up…Try this. Reset your router, pull the a/c power plug out of the xbox, count to 30 seconds. Start up your console. Go to data preferences in your flight sim settings turn data OFF, hit apply save settings. Go back to data, turn data ON, apply and save settings. A mesage will come up and say ONLINE MODE ON.

Also, You have XBOX One X or S? XBOX ONE S will not be powerful enough for this game.

I’m sure you’re right, nobody has a problem with their x-series xbox here it’s obvious too much power we could make a shuttle take off just with an x-series …

Yep the ILS dosnt Show up The purple/Pink will go away when u hit the ILS or Approach mode. It just started after su9 I used ILS is the A320 alot and it’s all messed up. I can get the constraints and the map to work at sometimes and get a full flight but that plane and others are still freezing with ILS or Constraints amd the other little buttons. But ILS is all messed up since su9.

I understand, I paid for it too but I’m patient and willing to reduce things to still enjoy it until a fix or patch is issued online. Patience ! Its the principle of the idea. Be thankful with what you got because you could have nothing at all. Is nobody satisfied or happy anymore…? What has our society come too when people just cant suffice with a little less to keep what they got. Its just a matter of principle. Be happy with what you have. We teach our kids this.

Sorry to go off topic. I really am. I just don’t understand this mentality especially coming from mature adults. You’d think we’d have more wisdom and patience that that. I just don’t know. (sigh).