Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

Had a great flight from Trondheim to Stuttgart in the LVFR A321, close to 4 hours, beutiful sunset and stunning views during approach, display went blank, did a decent manual (“blind”) landing, saved the passengers and then CTD on the taxiway about a 1/2 mile from the gate…
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Are you in the beta?

I was hoping they would have fixed the blank display that can lead to a CTD.

1 Like

Yes I am. No difference compared to the SU9 level … at least regarding CTDs and blank screens.

2 Likes

Well. World updates didn’t complete overnight. Just restarting over and over regardless of which one was attempted first. Left it running today so we’ll see.

Not sure if this is Xbox specific or otherwise though.

1 Like

Well. I thought things were better. Yesterday before the world updates I completed an IFR flight.

Today everything has updated, tried twice with an IFR flight and CTD both times before I could click ready to fly

1 Like

Dolby Vision (and probably also HDR) is absolutely broken. Already created threads in Sim Update 10 Beta sub forum. There are others too, but because HDR is also broken on PC.

Peak brightness is ridiculously low, the whole picture is dim, and night is insanely darker.

If you disable HDR in settings menu, you get a better image, but nights will still be horrendous.

==========

Guys, regarding all instabilities happening even when running Sim Update 10 Beta, what I understood is that they collected all data received from telemetry and will apply fixes in the future, without specifying if they would come already during this new beta or when it becomes public.

2 Likes

Yes I think that is the case. I don’t think there is anything significant in this beta to improve xbox stability and performance, the release notes didn’t call anything out either. Those who say it’s much better for them, I think it’s probably due to the natural variance that these issues have always shown. OK one day and broken the next.

4 Likes

Maybe, but I’ve read quite a few posts now from people saying it’s better, even if there is no mention of Xbox fixes in release notes ( likely something they don’t want to highlight) I really struggle to to see how SU10 would not contain improvements to stability when Asobo have known of the xbox issues since release of SU9.

Yes, i had an horrendous day yesterday with this Sim (Beta). Dolby Vision and HDR broken, lag, severe stutters and on top of that constant CTD’s with the new A32 Neo by LVFR.

I’m seriously thinking of optin out from the beta. Will that at least restore normal Dolby Vision or HDR?

1 Like

Xbox stability improvements are probably not part of SU10. The developers have only gathered CTD data from the previous beta and there’s no time to figure those out and work on the fixes while the big SU10 beta is already ongoing. Don’t expect much change in this regard. What I think is that SU11 will probably improve stability on console when it arrives next Spring.

4 Likes

Next spring?

I know they are spacing SU’s out now but I didn’t think by that much, I highly doubt we will have to wait that long for stability fixes.

1 Like

XBOX X

I opted out of the Beta yesterday ,I was having various problems with mouse, stuttering ,the washed out visuals,what appeared to me to be worse draw distance , and aircraft functionality( may not be connected…??) .
I can’t believe I am actually relieved to be back on SU9… :scream: but it is the lesser of two evils for the time being , in my opinion and my experience only.

2 Likes

Hopefully he’s in the Southern hemisphere :laughing:

1 Like

I give it one more day with default planes. If it’s still a mess, I go back to SU9… I can’t stand those washed out visuals to begin with.

They said something about having only 2-3 sim updates a year, and since this one takes around three months, I don’t think the next will arrive this year. Just a guesstimate on my part of course, nothing official. But I don’t expect SU11 before “early next year” which we all know could mean anything.

2 Likes

If that’s the case maybe we will get a few minor updates in between to improve stability for example. To early to tell, but if su10 is big improvement for Xbox, then fair enough, but if not waiting till next year to fix ctds is not great.

1 Like

In my opinion, the best thing to do would be to build that CTD reporting tool into the live version of MSFS. That way Asobo would constantly get error logs and it wouldn’t need a separate beta. Improving stability would also probably be easier because they’d get continuous feedback about their progress.

11 Likes

Yes, every time this beta crashes on me I’m left feeling sad that the extra memory/crash data is no longer being captured and so there’s little chance it will help. I really don’t know why they didn’t leave that crash reporting in, at least for the SU10 betas, and capture as much data as possible. I personally didn’t find it affected performance in any discernable way.

I’m hoping that some of the fixes from the xbox crash reporting experiment find their way into later SU10 beta builds, I really can’t be waiting many more months for SU11 just to get a usable sim.

As for SU11, it’s the already announced anniversary edition which is coming out this year, I don’t think they can delay it or they miss the anniversary!

4 Likes

How do you do that…?

Present company included. I’m in “offline” mode now till after the SU10 release.