Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

I tried reinstalling the sim to see if it works better but now i can’t even load a flight, when i press the fly button it doesn’t load or it just CTD while in the loading screen. 🤦🏻

Try turning off Live Weather and everything else on. It works for me this way, where with live weather on I get severe lagging and stuttering.

Maybe you will notice the same?

For me globaly it was ok but since SU9 take off runway et landing runway defined in my mcdu (A320 neo default on XBOX) are not respected by ATC.

This is not the time or place to be calling people with a genuine grievance “thankless and ungrateful”
Why should we be grateful for a lot less than we were promised when we bought this game.
Negative comments like this do not help. If you are truly happy with you have, good luck to you but let’s stay on thread and keep it friendly.

6 Likes

Sounds like the toilet is backed up…Try this. Reset your router, pull the a/c power plug out of the xbox, count to 30 seconds. Start up your console. Go to data preferences in your flight sim settings turn data OFF, hit apply save settings. Go back to data, turn data ON, apply and save settings. A mesage will come up and say ONLINE MODE ON.

Also, You have XBOX One X or S? XBOX ONE S will not be powerful enough for this game.

I’m sure you’re right, nobody has a problem with their x-series xbox here it’s obvious too much power we could make a shuttle take off just with an x-series …

Yep the ILS dosnt Show up The purple/Pink will go away when u hit the ILS or Approach mode. It just started after su9 I used ILS is the A320 alot and it’s all messed up. I can get the constraints and the map to work at sometimes and get a full flight but that plane and others are still freezing with ILS or Constraints amd the other little buttons. But ILS is all messed up since su9.

I understand, I paid for it too but I’m patient and willing to reduce things to still enjoy it until a fix or patch is issued online. Patience ! Its the principle of the idea. Be thankful with what you got because you could have nothing at all. Is nobody satisfied or happy anymore…? What has our society come too when people just cant suffice with a little less to keep what they got. Its just a matter of principle. Be happy with what you have. We teach our kids this.

Sorry to go off topic. I really am. I just don’t understand this mentality especially coming from mature adults. You’d think we’d have more wisdom and patience that that. I just don’t know. (sigh).

No question, you can’t do more than be patient. I can uninstall or exchange the MSFS, does not change the fact that the SU9 still brought bugs into the product.

I guess it’s not about patience here either, but clear communication from the developer as well.

Personally, I’m not mad at Asobo when bugs happen. I can imagine how complex the MSFS is as software, how cumbersome an update is on two platforms like PC & XBOX and that actually nowhere something works without errors.

But why can’t Asobo be completely honest about the fact that there is one (or more) problem and they are working on fixing it. That would take a lot of “anger” out of the discussion and perhaps also “cool down” the customer a little.

But until now I haven’t read a statement from anyone on Asobo’s homepage or here in the official (!) forum…

Can you imagine that at some point then the patience is used up?

8 Likes

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but I’m currently in-flight, O’hare to Newark in the A320 and during my climb to cruise ATC audio went quiet. I could only hear what altitude they wanted me to climb to when my co-pilot responded. It was fine for the first 5/10 minutes of the flight.

Yep, had that at least two times.

I know it’s against what everybody is saying, and I too off course had my share of nasty things since SU9, but tonight I just had the perfect flight. 1h15 from Vienna to Pristina in the 320. No lagg, no stutter, no weird AP behavior, flightplan was perfectly followed, ILS approach and landing as it should be. Just perfect.

I absolutely don’t get it why the Sim is acting as it is. One day terrible, other day perfect​:thinking::thinking:

I’m really going to think it is server related. What else could it be…

2 Likes

In principle, it does not really matter what exactly is the reason for the many errors. That there are errors and crashes with not a few (!) Users, is out of the question…

On the other hand, it would be very important that someone from the developer comments on the persistent problems. Everything else only gambles away unnecessary credit with the users.

I’ll say it directly: X-Plane 12 is not too far away!

I’m finding that for me it’s the Live Weather that’s been an issue, when I turn it off I have zero to very little lag in areas such as London that have been known to really get bad.

I find that it gets worse in areas where Metar is available and there is photogrammetry and WU updates.

I’ve had really great flights today, finally!

3 Likes

Just had my first share of issues. I just finished a longer flight in the TDM, with the sim rate set at x2 during cruise, and at sunset. I had lots of little freezes during the flight, nothing gamebreaking but very annoying.

2 Likes

The sim is literally crashing every time I’m in the world map. This is fantastic.

2 Likes

Nor is Aero Fly FS4. Incredibly awesome, totally optimized flight simulator, the new version is coming out soon. You can even Bluetooth an Xbox game controller to a tablet and to a TV to enjoy it or to your PC. Every flight controller on the market is supported by it. Those Europeans sure know how to do things right. I had Aero fly FS2 and it was totally glitch free, no issues whatsoever. I deleted it though because FS2 addons isn’t compatible with the FS4. So I have to start from scratch when its released.

Same. It’s a hot mess.

1 Like

The problem is that you’re looking at this issue as someone who has some playability at least, rose tinted glasses if you like.
There are people on here, myself included, that can barely even get the sim to run, even in offline mode.
We all have different add ons, come from different countries with different internet speeds etc, which makes the whole situation even more perplexing and frustrating, as it’s so difficult to find a way to make the game work.
So for you to tell people ‘to be grateful with what they have’, when some people have spent money and now can’t even get the game to run, really isn’t adding anything constructive.

I’d say people have a right to vent, it is unacceptable, I recently paid $60 for the Concorde add on, I’ve used it three times due to the games total unreliability.
Some people have invested a lot of time and money into this and rightly deserve to have a sim with some functionality at least.

8 Likes

Unfortunately I think the sim is done until we get a fix, I’ve spent a lot of money in the marketplace for add ons and now feel I’ve been took for a ride, but no more, they can shove it.

5 Likes