Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

I noticed as well some new bugs with the final release of the SU9, now i can’t input some VOR’s in the MCDU of the A20N, they just doesn’t load in my flight plan. I was in the SU9 beta and everything was running so good, i really don’t know what they do at the end that the sim just turned into a disaster compared to the beta in xbox. Hope they fix all the new issues in a hotfix or anytime soon.

1 Like

I also experienced several disconnection, every 2 o 3 minutes until my sim freezes at all, what a mess

I’m pretty sure these issues might be due to servers being overloaded.

With every new SU, there always seem to be these issues which seem to be server related due to high amount of people updating and playing the sim.

I would give it a few days to a week for things to settle down.

If it was working fine in the beta, then it should be working fine now since there was no change from the beta build to this new release.

So it could be just servers.

4 Likes

Agreed. I tried to roll back my SU9 Beta to get the game working again.

I have experienced all of the issues you mentioned, though I haven’t tried the F-18 yet so can’t comment on that.

I get alot of stutters and CTD’s on the world map particularly when trying to set flights up around Europe.

Though I did manage to successfully load up an A320 flight In Australia (Yay!)

I flew cold and dark at gate from Brisbane (YBBN) to Sydney (YSSY) with real weather, real time of day and real traffic.

Once in the sim I felt performance was good, though the live traffic was definitely behaving strangely, as was the Auto Pilot, the Auto Pilot felt more fluid when you first switch it on, though halfway through the flight it decided to randomly completely ignore a waypoint and avoid it entirely. Then once the waypoint was passed it corrected it’s course once more and correctly flew to the next waypoint… Very odd.

Then even more bizarrely, once the second last waypoint was reached the Auto Pilot decided to do a complete 180° turn and head back to Brisbane.

At this point I just manually took over and flew to finals.

Landing at Sydney was smooth and stutter free which was nice, and something positive to note. Especially given it is a pretty detailed Airport and I also flew through several small rain showers on approach with broken clouds.

The clouds are much improved and visually impressive on my Oled.

So anyway after this small victory I went back to the world map to attempt to set up a little trip to try the new 172 physics, and experienced yet another immediate CTD on the World Map.

I restarted the Xbox and then experienced another CTD on the World Map.

I hard reset the Xbox a third time, then managed to load a flight into Paderhorn! (EDLP) Though as soon as the loading screen ended and my plane spawned on the tarmac I experienced an immediate… DrumRoll… CTD!

Sigh… time for a cool down shower to gather myself

4 Likes

I’m on Xbox X and I’ve just completed a flight from Frankfurt to Heathrow, starting dark and cold, without any issue.
I haven’t touched the default settings but made sure that rolling cache was on (I set mine with 64 Gb).

Yes! I was hoping I wasn’t the only one that’s experiencing these issues. It does make the game a lot harder to play, as I’ll load in, wait the 100+ seconds for the game to load to the main menu, and then proceed to get the game to freeze and crash on me in the world map. Incredibly annoying, this is for sure the worst update so far that has caused the most problems.

5 Likes

It’s great to see a feedback logged tag. There’s numerous complaints pertaining to this. Surely we’ll get some eyes on this.

As for in-flight performance, it’s about average for me, no leaps and bounds of an improvement on that front.

The initial boot up splash screen issue has been this way since the Australian WU, so roughly 3 months for me. I was really hoping this update would finally address the painfully slow load up process but no. It feels like we’ve downgraded to Xbox One speed, other games I’ve loaded up take like 5secs to boot up just like this did but it’s now regressing pretty bad.

I guess I should feel better now that I’ve read these horror stories. I’m using Xbox s and have experienced some of these issues but it’s not too annoying. However it seems to quit and want to restart after about 30 minutes. I’m lined up for a landing after sitting there looking at it for so long then it just stops and goes back to the re start screen. Quite aggravating.

It seems the mysterious wind buffering is associated with the “Piloting Assistance Options” turned on, combined with “Online Functionality” and “Bing Data World Graphics” turned on. The buffering is at its worst. So I only turned on “Auto Rudder”, “Auto Trim” and “Assisted Controller Sensitivity” and turned off “Online Functionality” and “Bing Data World Graphics”. Seems to greatly reduce the amount of buffering.

I have all live traffic/Ai traffic and weather (never use it anyway), wind, clouds, (I only use high level clouds), rolling cache all turned off. All other traffic is reduced to 50%

1 hour of general test flying with no “CTD”

■■■ is that?! All the airport is pink!

Well I found this guide: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408350198930
Which recommends setting the rolling cache to 16 on Xbox. Would like to know how rolling cache works - explanations I’ve seen so far seem quite vague somI can’t figure out why it might make a difference…

3 Likes

I was going to buy the Kodiak after Sim Update 9, but with the frozen avionics I don’t. I will wait until at least this issue is fixed. Last night I completed a long flight in the Cessna Caravan. CTD wasn’t an issue, it all went well, the game did stutter but it was bearable. However, my G1000 avionics froze twice during the trip. It’s just not enjoyable this way. I will continue testing with the airliners, I wonder if Boeing aircraft are affected as well.

3 Likes

I would love more investigation from those on the Microsobo team into this caching issue. There has been specific conversation about its function, even in its own thread which wasn’t too long ago.

There are many who believe it doesn’t actually do anything, others saying game performance is better switched off. I’m sure I even seen a Moderator weigh in who was also baffled as to its use and function. I’m leaning towards some kind of placebo at play here.

1 Like

I can confirm what others have already said with regards to some of the issues on Xbox after SU9.

I now have the long freezes when moving around the map. During the freeze I can still zoom in and out but not move. It also seem to be movable until the cursor touches one of the airport banners which is when it freezes. By this I mean once you have selected a departure or arrival airfiekd/runway you get the white rectangle over the airfield. It is this white rectangle that seems to cause the freezing. Can somebody try this too?

Intermittent ATC conversations. Some still occur with no voice sounds.

Currently flying a 650+ mile trip in the A320 to see how that goes. I’m trying it first with all AI and live traffic/weather off.

Getting some stuttering whilst load and navigating menus.

VFR map from toolbar freezes Once opened. Becomes unresponsive except to close the window.

3 Likes

You’re not alone - I am very disappointed in this update - tragic!

Don’t know what Asobo developers were smoking when they were doing this update.

7 Likes

I only use the Cessna 152 as I don’t understand the jetliners but I too have noticed huge buffeting of the aircraft by a tiny wind speed! I also noticed that the plane seems to stall extremely easily! Is there a new stall adjustment switch? I am on xbox series x! Also agree that the marketing splash screens are unnecessary and waste valuable leisure time! For heaven’s sake we want to fly and we want wasm fixed! Community managers please note!

1 Like

Same issues here, point by point. I especially made an account for these forums to chime in. Few days before the update i’ve started a world trip in Grumman Goose, everything was perfect - i was streaming it as well. Now i’m sitting on Leg 3 and just don’t want to continue due to the crashes and graphic glitches - it just ruins the experience.

2 Likes

LOL really???

1 Like

The ATC sounds funny now - not like before - look man the thing is a mess!!!

1 Like