Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

Pffff… Here we go again.

1 Like

No mention to ND freezing… :unamused:

1 Like

Good work, you nailed it mate!

From the patch notes “crashes related to operations on the world map when downloading packages or content in the background that have been released alongside Sim Update 9”. So waiting for that phantom download notification before going into the map was the right answer.

And this is why some of us didn’t see this often, our natural usage pattern wasn’t to jump immediately into the map on startup whereas for others it was.

Yeah the phantom download still appears in notifications and I still get a delay entering the world map on 1st try, but other attempts were without delay.

2 Likes

CTD on world map, freeze on world map, and the third time stuck on world map. Just like pre-patch.

No more flickering on windshield. This is solved.

VFR map getting stuck as usual.

On A320, ND still works only if “Terrain on ND” is ON (and Constraints are OFF), just like before the patch.

Xbox Series X

3 Likes

anyone having issue with the marketplace? it is avalaible since the update

Can’t even get that far. Instant CTD on San Antonio International. There goes my hope.

2 Likes

all i can report is that, after a few stutters at the start of the flight it goes on well. did some violent camera switches which the XBX doesnt like and nothing bad there. finish off with a departure- arrival flight and that when fine too. hopefully a quit and restart will help you other flyers get the sim up and running.
menu is still choppy and slow but dont care about that. the menu could be black and white wire frame as long as i can fly smooth.

1 Like

Started the Kodiak at an airport I’ve known to have issues with certain liveries. I was able to start a flight no problem. I still saw the download icon and stutters in the world map, but no CTD.

1 Like

market place is up but when i click on buy goes grey

I agree 100%.

7 Likes

The one thing I noticed with SU9, is EVERY TIME you start the game, if you scroll through your manager to the Core Instatllation at the bottom, it ALWAYS says ‘restart to apply update’. After about 2-4 minutes it says ‘up to date’ and you get a message that downloads are complete. This is also the time the map is all lagged out for the first few minutes.

Somewhere in there is something terribly wrong going on. After this patch go right into the game and see if the core installation is showing any indication of it being anything other than up to date.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the 1.25.9.0 patch fixed only one of the issues mentioned in the OP.

• The splash screen is still up for more than a minute :x:
  • Company logos don’t play properly :x:
  • The “all downloads are completed” notification still appears after many stutters :x:
  • Extreme stutters and lock-ups in the main menu UI :x:
  • CTD in World Map is probably fixed :white_check_mark:
  • Game performance is still degraded on Xbox :x:
  • Avionics freeze or don’t work properly / AIRAC issues :x:
14 Likes

Look for that download manager message under Core for any activity, and see if you still get the ‘downloads complete’ notification after a few minutes.

For mine though(before this ‘patch’), the splash screen either stays up for ~1 minute(I give up at that point) OR if I quit/restart it only takes 8 seconds. Did that about every 5th time I started the game. The full boot from push to start (if it even asks) to the menu was about 2 minutes as per normal. Half the time I get the opening multiplayer screen/video, then the airbus pushback and music, the other half it goes right to checking for updates, very strange. Once it checks for ‘updates’ either way, there’s never any additional music. When SU9 first came out Asobo splash had no sound, blackshark did. About 10 days ago, neither made sound.

I’m pretty fickle, will see what I notice when I get home and DL the ‘patch’.

Don’t forget to delete cache and full reboot the 'box.

Just completed a full flight Belfast int to Stansted. No ctd. Fairly smooth

1 Like

Just departed from San Antonio to Guadalajara, A320 Volaris… I hold my breath. But then again, even if I am able to finish this flight, it could well be just luck. My confidence in this game is zero atm.

3 Likes

And there we go. ND freeze again. Still a mess, sorry to say.

1 Like

Currently on flight Poznan - Liverpool. Stutters like crazy when turning the cockpit with mouse. I am slowly giving up.

2 Likes

I think this is related to this:

Which, of course, wasn’t addressed in this latest patch.

3 Likes

Yes, you are spot on. When I type this, the ND appears back on track when I flew over a waypoint. I really hope this get fixed in a future patch…

Edit: can we vote on your topic so it’s getting attention maybe?

2 Likes