Shared cockpit/multiplayer

I have read a bit about this recently and sounds really good. Something I think of which has perhaps been mentioned before is the multi crew feature in Elite Dangerous. This is basically “shared cockpit” but in a ship. I know that it’s a totally different game and engine but the concept is quite fun.

So I’d imagine in terms of playing with friends or others online, this could be really fun too. Especially with the ability to do co-pilot stuff fully etc. Or even as a spectator for learning purposes and/or party chat.

I hope it does make it eventually!

Hello everyone,

The next DEV Q&A session will take place on March 21.

This will be an opportunity for us to make our voice heard and possibly get an answer on the future of the shared cockpit.

Read the latest development update → https://www.flightsimulator.com/march-9th-2023-development-update/

Sorry to disappoint you, but it isn’t.

It’s a Sim Update XII only Dev Stream. i.e. Only questions about things relating to the update.

2 Likes

I just took a look at the summary of this live and there were indeed questions and answers about the roadmap. I wasn’t able to be there at the time of the live, but it gives us a way to communicate on the topic for the next live.

3 Likes

Must have feature

3 Likes

YourControls support PMDG 737 now for shared cockpit, for those who are interested. It will be useful at least until it’s natively supported. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just keeping the thread alive and voted, this is a must have part of the simulator if it is to be a sim, without this option it’s just a game.

2 Likes

Under the impression i already voted this i scrolled to the top and saw i did not so i pressed the vote button to vote.
And about game i cannot care coz its just as simulated.

2 Likes

For anyone that’s used Your Controls with the PMDG 737 - is it slick enough to really invest time in? Any bugs or issues worth noting?

1 Like

There are minor issues like not synced minimums etc. but other than that it worked perfectly fine for me flying with a friend!

Thank you, I can live with minimums not syncing - good to hear!

1 Like

Does YourControls work with ATR?
Only plane we are flying atm.

Hello everyone,

There’s a developer twitch live in an hour. It’s time to get some information about this long awaited feature.

If you are available, feel free to join the stream and ask questions on the shared cockpit.

Have a great week everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi mate - did you get on the dev stream? 951 votes!

1 Like

Hey Gunner

I hope you are well

Yeah, I was there and I asked some questions about the shared cockpit feature.
And they finally talked about it. It was Sebastien Wloch who spoke with a slight French accent.

He explained how difficult it is to synchronize all the states of an aircraft for the shared cockpit to be effective by giving some examples.
He also added that they would like to release a fully functional version and not an implementation that would crash after 30 minutes.

I invite you to watch the live stream from 20:30 to get a better idea of what was said.
English is not my first language, so I may have forgotten some of the context.

Anyway, I have a feeling that it won’t happen this year. I really hope I am wrong.

3 Likes

At least it’s promising that they want to get it right first time instead of rushing out a half broken feature :slight_smile:

I’d rather wait longer and have something fully functional and reliable!

1 Like

wow, 3 yr old post soon and nothing has happend :frowning:
This has been my biggest wish!
Amazing that they dont priorities this

2 Likes

Con discussion post remove – this is a WISH Topic.

1 Like

The thing is we don’t have a proper multiplayer implemented because in FSX you were able to use voice chat and text in the multiplayer but the multiplayer that has MSFS is just AI players and nothing else. like I feel like they need to do an overhaul of the multiplayer, I feel like it’s not a multiplayer if you can’t even chat with your friends in game or have a sort of text or communication in game.

2 Likes

Con discussion post remove – this is a WISH Topic.