Shared cockpit/multiplayer

i am pretty sure this will be implemented at some point, but possibly not soon.
if people get bored playing this game, well, play another game then, those are not real flightsimmers and i bet thats going to happen for the majority of xbox gamers.

I’m just waiting that FS2020 get the multicrew to use FS2020 :smiley: Flying a 320 alone is not realistic and flying a DR400 alone is not fun XD I mean, can not wait the implementation of multicrew (shared cockpit). I can not fly civilian aircraft whithout it.

1 Like

yep - that was a big thing when FSX came out - had lots of people online asking for rides, so they could check out the scenery and not have to worry about flying, and others asking for quick “lessons” in the same plane.

was a really cool social interaction
 except when you’d get some kid that would beg to get in your plane, then flick switches non-stop and keep shutting off your engine for lolz. We’ll need an ‘eject’ button for MSFS shared cockpit :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’d always hoped to see “shared cockpit” virtual airlines in FSX - so you’d have realistic crewing
 and a more social flight experience.

1 Like

It would be also nice to have a intern voice chat fuction. to chat with my friends? i mean when i have a pc and my friend a xbox it would be nicee to have a ingamechat fuction in the multiplayer. I mean to chat relaxed without the professionallity of vatsim or ivao etc.

2 Likes

Just finished an absolutely beautiful VR flight over Naples, Italy. How nice it would have been to share this moment with a friend - or even a stranger!

The possibility of sharing cockpits with fellow simmers would immensely enhance this sim (which as it is already goes way beyond my wildest dreams!)

1 Like

Do you know YourControls as an addon? This provides a shared cockpit functionality.

No, but I will investigate

Thanks for the hint!

Just posted a Your Controls with Vatsim howto here:

Hoping to make a few videos and add to this guide down the road.

Also looking forward to native shared cockpit functionality in the future!

3 Likes

There should be a copilot feature so you can be in the co pilot seat in your friends plane and help them fly it and control it.

I would bet this post is going to a multiplayer thread.

Since the beginning, friends and I have wanted to fly ‘together’.

There’s a mod called “Your Controls” GitHub - Sequal32/yourcontrols: Shared cockpit for Microsoft Flight Simulator., that gives you Shared Cockpit for MSFS.

YourControls is a program that allows multiple people to connect their simulators into a single shared flight deck. Tasks can be distributed among crewmates, where one can fly the aircraft, while another handles the radios and autopilot. Doing flights on VATSIM and other online networks have never been more immersive.

Fully Supported Aircraft
Asobo
All 30 Stock Aircraft

FlyByWire
A32NX

JPLogistics
C152X

WorkingTitle
CJ4

MrTommymxr
DA62
DA40NGX

SaltySimulations

JustFlight
PA-28

Aerosoft
CRJ 500/700

Carenado
M20R

Hype Performance Group
H135

5 Likes

I know there is yourcontrols but the planes i love to fly are not listed into their mod :confused:

So i agree with the OP here, being able to fly the plane with my cousin or a friend as copilot directly from the game would make it so much more fun and “immersive”. Especially if they add a toggle to show the copilot/pilot model of the other player seated next to you.

1 Like

Vote, vote, vote! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does not seem so hard to believe. No sim has ever been released with it so far.

did a quick search wondering if this was at least implemented or not.

I can’t believe they’re with 6 updates in graphic quality,they added the vr mode and the xbox support,but something as simple and basic as this is not even planned.

wanted to fly an A320 with a friend today but seems have to wait to
 who knows when

3 Likes

I’d also add that a “jumpseat” option would be great also. Never hurts to have some relieve crew or just a buddy who wants to ride along. And as for something like the DC-6 you might actually need a 3rd or even a 4th guy back there.

Came back here a year after adding my vote. Disappointed to not have this yet. I wonder if Asobo thinks that because someone in the community put together a solution that kinda works, they don’t need to make this a priority.

4 Likes

Totally agree
 I’ve wanted jumpseats or pax seats in any shared cockpit system for years.

FE position is great, but additionally there are lots of people that would like to observe or just have a social experience.

My Copy/Paste wishlist for shared cockpit functionality:

• SDK support for 3rd party ( more complex aircraft like PMDG / A2A )
  • All aircraft functions / switches work for both players
  • Hot key / Request & Accept for switching Flight Controls
  • Flight Control Override for Host ( host can force control switch from other player )
  • Quick “Player Kick” function ( if some clowns starts shutting down engines and systems )
  • Voice Com - Hot Mic for players in same aircraft
  • Positional voice com - volume / direction depending on seat
  • UI for selecting Player Seats
  • Players should be able to switch to any empty seat in-flight
  • Add more than 2 seats for Shared Cockpit
  • Cockpit Jump-seat / Flight Engineer Position ( depending on aircraft )
  • Passenger Seats
  • ‘Lock’ Seats ( players should not sit in the same seat position )
  • Add 3D Avatars in correct seat ( so players can see each other )
  • 3D Avatars should track head position correctly * Pilot flying should have hands on yoke / stick?
  • Sync Time of Day / Weather ( LIVE mode - but for host’s settings ) for players
  • ( Join in Progress ) functionality would be nice

Waaay down the road, it’d be cool to have FPS-style player aircraft walkthroughs, and the ability to leave the aircraft on the ground and do a “real” walkaround, or start outside the aircraft, etc ( walk anywhere within the airport fence? )

( Also stunned this topic doesn’t have 3x as many votes, when a localization request thread pops up and overnight has 1000+ votes. )

11 Likes

Love all of these ideas! I really want this feature to help some friends get into the sim.

1 Like