Shimmering and AA

For anyone that hasn’t seen this:

The captain has sent me this compilation of his posts showing and explaining the shimmer problem from his perspective if anyone wants to have a look. My understanding is that MS/Asobo were not receptive to make improvements based on his insights, no idea why.

The first link is the very best capture of the problem on buildings I have ever seen, although it looks even worse in real life in VR. The last link does the same for tree shimmer.

Explanations and materials:
[BUG LOGGED] Shimmering/AA downgrade since SU5 (in-game, not menus/overlays) - #69 by CptLucky8
[BUG LOGGED] Shimmering/AA downgrade since SU5 (in-game, not menus/overlays) - #121 by CptLucky8
[BUG LOGGED] Shimmering/AA downgrade since SU5 (in-game, not menus/overlays) - #124 by CptLucky8
[BUG LOGGED] Shimmering/AA downgrade since SU5 (in-game, not menus/overlays) - #144 by CptLucky8

If you too find this degradation of visual quality that seemingly started in SU5 unacceptable, please vote and comment on the main shimmer bug thread here: [BUG LOGGED] Shimmering/AA downgrade since SU5 (in-game, not menus/overlays)