Should I buy the Premium Deluxe upgrade on XBOX?

After the news that there will be a discount on all 1st party aircraft if you own the Premium Deluxe, I’m tempted even though it’s over $100 CAD. Can anyone speak to the quality of the additional aircraft and airports that come along with it? I would assume the level of detail/experience with these is going to be about the same as the existing built in aircraft/hand-crafted airports. I’ve been spoiled by the level of quality that the 3rd parties bring with their products, the Kodiak 100, FreedomFox/Kitfox, VisionJet and I’ve picked up a handful of airports as of late.

Maybe I’ll wait for some big WASM based releases over the coming months, but I’m more of a GA guy and don’t get into airliners much.

1 Like

The Longitude received a massive update in improvements and fidelity just before SU12 with AAU1. It’s, easily, one of the best planes in the sim outside of Marketplace purchases.

I’ve enjoyed the 787, but it could use some work as it has some of the same issues the 747 has. The modeling and textures are really good.

I also prefer the steam gauge 172 that is included. With the GNS 430 & 530 upgrades that were a part of AAU1, as well, it’s also really good.

If you haven’t yet bought many of Microsoft’s Marketplace aircraft, then the discount as part of the upgrade may help offset the entry price quite a bit.

6 Likes

Had it since day one, specifically for the SR22.

3 Likes

Interesting, I’m quite interested in the Baron myself but not a huge fan of the feature limited default planes in the standard version of the game. The steam gauge variants that Black Square offers look incredible, not sure if they’ll be heading to XBOX or not though

2 Likes

I’d consider buying it just for the Longitude, but what turns me off is having to pay full price, instead of the difference between the Premium Deluxe and Standard price.

Thanks for the reply, helps a lot! A steam gauge 172 sounds fun, what avionics are stock with the Baron out of curiosity? G1000 as well? I’ve heard people mention the SR22 but I’m not familiar with it yet.

I’m in the same boat, but already on the deluxe version. So I’m sticking with its little brother, the CJ4 for now because I equally can’t stomach the prices third party developers charge for just a single aircraft to look into other biz jet offerings.

How does the pricing work on the platform you’re referring to out of curiosity? Game Pass on XBOX includes the standard game and they’ve got 3 upgrade options:

Deluxe @ 102.99 CAD (5 aircraft & 5 airports)
Premium @ 128.99 CAD (5 different aircraft & 5 different airports)
Premium Deluxe @ 109.99 CAD (all 10 aircraft & all 10 airports)

I’m actually surprised that they’re asking more for Premium than Premium Deluxe, and it doesn’t say that Premium Deluxe is on sale either.

In the in-game marketplace, the Premium Deluxe is US$ 99.99 (if I remember correctly). This is after buying the standard version.

I’m also tempted to “upgrade” from the standard game, but since I’m on Game Pass anyway it doesn’t really make sense. I almost only play FS these days, so Microsoft actually gets more money from me than they would if I bought the Premium Deluxe version and then cancelled the GP subscription.

Besides, I already have more planes in the hangar than I have time to fly anyway…

Yeah I struggle with that too, $20/mo for game pass but you can’t even really cancel it if you want multiplayer access for other games can you. I play Rocket League on occassion so need it for that too

I think you can actually. What you need for multiplayer is Xbox Live Gold or whatever it’s called. It too used to be a subscription, but I think multiplayer is free of charge now. GP is still pretty good value though considering what you get. FS might be taking over my life, but I still play other games occasionally so I’ve kept game pass for that.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I’ll have to look into this. I’m not really getting anything out of game pass set the moment other than MSFS

1 Like

Multiplayer Access is XBox Live Gold. This is what you need to play online with others.
Costs about 42 Euro a year.
You will need the XBox Live Gold for playing online (COD, Forza Horizon, MSFS etc.)

XBox Network (formerly XBox Live until March 21 and will be renamed with the next XBox update, Xbox Insider already see this name change) is the online access without the multiplayer, this comes -for free- with your xbox account and helps you download patches, make purchases online, store your game settings in the cloud and such.

The Xbox Game library (including the MSFS) is called XBox Gamepass, costs about 8,- Euro a month.
If you cancel that, you need to buy the game for yourself, online or on disc.

Both services, xbox live gold and gamepass together (also includign EA play, which standalone costs 4,- a month) is called the Gamepass Ultimate (13,- Euro/month). If you cancel that, you need to buy XBox Live gold to continue playing online games.
Gamepass Ultimate also includes gamepass for PC (the standard gamepass differentiates between game liberary for PC and for XBox), meaning, you can play a game both on xbox and PC/cloud gaming.

You can cancel any subscription easily and they run out after the last period you paid for. You can buy ultimate now for a month and cancel it immediately, meaning, after one month of playing the subscription runs out.

2 Likes

Appreciate the detailed reply! Might have to look into this more. Here’s the current pricing on the MS Store on the XBOX:

Dunno if you are a collector or a simmer. You sure get quantity but not necessarily quality. On PC we can easily mod things but on xbox not so easily if at all. I guess in a few years from now and a couple more patches, all the planes that ship with the deluxe edition get updates to bring them closer to what some mods are already.

I’d say do the math to figure out how many 1st party aircraft you’d have to buy at the 33% discount to save the money you’re spending for the Premium Deluxe upgrade. If you expect to purchase that many aircraft in coming months/years, then it’s probably worth it. I personally don’t think the aircraft that come with premium deluxe are really all the enticing to me, so for me it’d be more about the long-term savings if I thought I’d buy enough first party aircraft to make the difference.

1 Like

Good strategy :+1:

Blacksquare are adding their Analog versions to xbox line up, stated on Just Flights forum. I would say that alone would make it worth while.

You do pick up the following all worth having:

• Baron
  • Longitude
  • Steam 172
  • SR22
  • Pipistrelle Virus (hidden gem, way under-rated)
  • Zlin Shock Ultra

another 4 or 5 planes which are OK but not too exciting

plus about 10 or so airports

1 Like