Worth upgrading to deluxe or premium deluxe?

I noticed the Cessna 172 Skyhawk with gauges and the Baron are in the deluxe and premium packages. Is it worth upgrading for them and the other aircraft added? Are there many issues with the additional aircraft? Thanks!

Depends on your expectations. I upgraded only to get the Longitude and the 787 and both perform flights from A to B without significant problems (most of the time).

Similar question on versions was asked a couple of weeks ago in the thread linked below. Take a look at this discussion … should help you to decide.

I regret buying the premium deluxe. I really wanted a minimally functional 787 (as in able to properly plan routes with SIDS and STARS, and able to edit route) and that thing is a mess.
The cirrus sr22 isn’t bad however.
hindsight I wish i just pocketed the cash and used for addon planes instead.

2 Likes

Two days ago I did a short range flight with the 787.
Using the SID, STAR and even modifying the route worked (somewhat surprisingly) flawless.

No VNAV, no real autothrottle, no systems, unrealistic displays, tons of INOP buttons…all from a premium jet. It’s just boring to fly.

1 Like

Looks like finger troubles to me…

I started with Premium Deluxe, have bought a bunch of add-ons, and never looked back. I very much enjoy several of the premium aircraft, and it’s given me literally hundreds of hours of fun, a good dollar-to-fun ratio IMO.

If you have specific expectations and a limited budget, then check around for reviews of the specific aircraft you think you’re interested in flying. The main thing to warn you about is that it’s very difficult to mod the premium aircraft, because their data files are DRM-protected (encrypted) so can’t be copied and modified by other developers.

This means there are very few custom mods to improve the premium aircraft – the only one other than liveries I know of is the Citation Longitude mod which is very limited in what it’s able to change.

So if you’ve got cash to blow and you just wanna fly neat planes – IMHO go for it! If you’re on a budget or you want high-quality study-level planes, do your research first.

Glad you’re enjoying flying a GTA get…the autopilot doesn’t resemble the actual one whatsoever. You have to unlearn how to fly the 787 properly in order to learn how to fly it in MSFS.

1 Like

Don’t know what this has to do with GTA.
I have to admit that I did only fly the 767 IRL, but I had no problems getting the 787 to do what I expected the aircraft to do.

If you are a real 787 pilot, that’s of course a different story.

Its worth getting the Premium version, when you look at what planes cost for each on the marketplace.

I really want the C172 with the steam gauges. And the Baron G58(Does it use the g1000?). Also if the 787 is buggy does the Cessna Citation Longitude in the premium deluxe package work okay? I think it uses the g3000 if memory serves correctly.

Well that’s great to hear - I was watching XP72’s stream and he seemed to have some issues with flight planning but worked it out eventually. I haven’t tried it in the latest release yet , as I am one of the victims to the FPS bug so I haven’t been able to enjoy it.

I would say no, but if the working title team do what they did with the cj4 to the others, then yes…this depends on if they get access to the encrypted files but I can’t see why not…i do like the Baron though, nice plane.

For me, the C172 alone was worth the upgrade. To me it’s the best overall plane in the sim atm, barring perhaps other 3rd party planes like the CRJ or JF Arrow I haven’t purchased.

The Baron is probably my 2nd favourite of that collection. I wish it was the Turbo variant or that there was a steam gauge version, but I’m happy with the current model. I unfortunately haven’t tried it since they finally fixed the mixture control due to my other issues.

The Longitude is both amazing and disappointing. It’s a fun plane to fly - the best private jet for MSFS (barring the CJ4 mod) IMHO. But the sheer amount of INOP, including the HUD which is its biggest defining feature, is disappointing.

Whether that’s worth it or not for you, only you can answer.

If the steam gauges are something you’re interested in, have you looked at the JustFlight Piper Arrow III on the marketplace?

I’d certainly get that over the premium upgrade if I was willing to spend my money right now. Definitely have my eyes on it ^^

I’m looking at that one as well. If I was able to play the sim at all right now, I’d probably already own it.

I think you would like it. The Baron G58 is pretty cool and you’d like the Cessna with the gauges. They both work very well in my opinion. The other airports are also rather nice depending on where you like to fly. I think the included premium GA aircraft are really great.

The 787 is a bit disappointing to me, so I have not flown it as much as I thought I would. The Cessna Citation Longitude is cool, but since the CJ4 is so well modded, I almost always choose to fly it instead if I’m choosing between the two private jets. If you’re just looking to play with different plane models though, I think you’d get your money’s worth.

On the other hand, I also think that buying third party stuff instead might be a good way to go as well. You’re not missing out on anything huge by not having premium deluxe.

Can I just upgrade to the deluxe and later have the option to upgrade from the deluxe to the deluxe premium or do you only have one shot at upgrading? It seems the c172 and Baron are in the deluxe version so if I can, I will hold off of the deluxe premium version for now.

Edit: My original purchase was the standard edition from Steam.

I to upgraded to fly the 787. It comes with more airports , but even on the basic version , you can never get bored. I recently just purchased the CRJ that was around 55.00USD. So if you can bundle more planes , more airports and more perks for Deluxe … I am going to say go for it . You cannot go wrong.