Should I wait on MSFS2020?

It’s ■■■■■■■ amazing. Strong learning curve. Just buy it. Make sure you have the hardware to run it decently. Even at medium settings it’s still pretty awesome.

Thanks everyone . Side note question . I needed to upgrade my monitor since I’ve had dead pixels on my LG 34um95 for over a year . Need opinions on these :
-Samsung 49” CRG9 5120x1440 120hz 4ms
-Samsung 49” Odyssey 5120x1440 240hz 1ms
-LG 49” WL95C 5120x1440 60hz 5ms
-Alienware 38” 3840x1660 144hz 1ms

I have a rtx20180 ti and Alienware/odyssey have Gsync . The Samsung CRG9 has Freesync . The LG has nothing

Anyone have any suggestions ?

I was gonna type out a lengthy reply but then realized @SageGoldfish543 and @Elay3748 (and some others most likely) have already done a job better than I could have done. So yeah…definitely buy it and give it a try, but keep in mind MSFS 2020 is not prepar3d, dcs or XP and it’s got so many advanced staff belonging to the world simulation and flight model aspects that the latter three don’t have and will probably never have that it’s a waste of time to compare it with these three.

No, it doesn’t have anything that X-Plane doesn’t have except better graphics. It’s “more advanced” is limited to the graphics. Some things are slightly better, the ATC for example is better than X-Plane’s, but much the same as P3D/FSX as it’s the same code pretty much.

If you like the better graphics, go for it. If you like better aircraft and avionics and flight simulation, stick with X-Plane or P3D.

Each to their own.

MSFS may be great, but it isn’t yet, unless looking pretty is the sole metric.

1 Like

My instinct as a developer is that they are struggling. Nothing more than instinct. If they are then it will show Microsoft’s “commitment”. Will they fund more - (especially as the problems are probably MS’s making for forcing it out in a beta state?). Or is it “we’ve paid you, you sort it” ?

1 Like

I think the MSFS weather modelling (winds, precip, drafts, clouds etc) is also much better than X-Plane. I don’t understand why X-Plane doesn’t introduce a proper weather engine. They never paid any attention to their weather, even though it’s like 15 year old graphics.

1 Like

What’s goin on with all this info about UK poor performance ? Is everyone suffering from it ? Incorrect install update or bad photogrammetry by Asobo . Hope there is a quick hot fix not wait for Months for an overall update

1 Like

If you fly bugbashers it’s great for anything else its a game especially if you have a good rig and running P3D v5.2 and flying helicopters or study level airliners.

I regret buying it to be honest and probably should have waited a couple of years as I have had nothing but issues.

2 Likes

Yes that’s what i thought when I bought FSX and that addon ( what was that called again? ) the week they cancelled it …

1 Like

Lack of airframes other than GA aircraft and Airliners, nothing outside this like gliding or ballooning or ultralights or choppers.

2 Likes

Xenviro for xplane? Try that, the lighting, volumetric clouds, fog, seasonal textures dynamic real weather, puts it next to msfs. I have it and its just awesome, latest version. Makes xplane look as good as fs2020 . My experience only, that’s all.

2 Likes

They have updated xplane to 11.53, the weather has improved , and that incredible smoothness with vulkan…wow!!

1 Like

Yes I agree , its a huge improvement.

1 Like

Is this the beta ? I can’t find anything and mine is at 11.52.

Maybe we’ll get an X-Plane/MSFS “arms race”.

1 Like

11 53 is final, got the prompt on my pc to update, and I’m not on the beta option

2 Likes

you still need to download all these tiles, out of the box xplane is yuck for me.
no way i will ever going back.

Your choice my friend. I’m enjoying my long haul jet flights with all my addons and enhancements over the years and not a single crash to desktop and scenery or flight issues, like a flightsim is meant to be. I’m not going back to fs2020 until its sorted out. Peace of mind.

1 Like

…and I rather enjoy peaceful, relaxing flights which I work hard to plan for than worrying if ill crash to desktop any time, long downloads and messing things up with every update. I don’t care about scenery as long it looks presentable. No doubt, with time it’ll improve… then ill switch! Life’s too short to get paranoid over ms2020 stress. Unnecessary!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.