Sim always defaults to "windowed"

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Since last update my sim always starts in windowed mode, instead of fullscreen.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

yes
Yes, since this morning . When reaches the " checking updates " on load up ,sim window switches to windowed just like when we have actual updates . The problem is, there is no update ,

4 Likes

YES

Close the Sim via the Menu, or Alt+F4 and restart.

2 Likes

Similar situation reported in the Beta and ā€œbug loggedā€ status.

5 Likes

MSFS since today only launch windowed so I have to select full screen and safe changes, but anyway after restart, it launches windowed again. I have not updated or installed anything different in past days.
I have tried to look after all my settings, repair the simulator without any resultā€¦
Suggestions please?

3 Likes

Exactly the same here, nothing that I changed. Starting today, 1.36.2.0 always opens in Windowed mode.

2 Likes

In the meantimeā€¦

ALT + ENTER is the fastest way to switch to full screen.

9 Likes

Same problem, opens in widowed mode every time I start the sim despite me changing it full screen and saving.

• there is a very quick flash of an update screen when the sim is loading upā€¦ā€¦each time.
8 Likes

Yes

.When reaches the " checking updates " on load up ,sim window switches to windowed just like when we have actual updates . The problem is, there is no update. Im have some contents (airports) not installed

Also the same for me.

As AboardFaun said above there is a microsecond of an update notice. Itā€™s too fast to grab a screenshot. Using the Alt+Enter is a minor inconvenience. However, why should you have to do one more step when your settings should take you right to full screen?

Bob

Yep it keeps going back to windowed mode for me

1 Like

Same issue. For the love of Mike, a nice break between improvements/enhancements/updates would be nice so I can enjoy the sim for a little while.

2 Likes

I have also observed the same thing since, if I am not mistaken, a very small update that took place last week of a few mbā€™s. I wasnā€™t even sure what the update was about and thought it may have been an AIRAC version update so I didnā€™t pay much attention. Now, everytime I start the sim, it checks for update for a fraction of a second and default to window mode when continuing to load.

4 Likes

After last update same thing happens to me. cannot save Full Screen Mode. after a restart reverts back to Window Mode. Please fix Microsoft

My Sim does the exact same thing as you describe

Just started today here as well. I am on the sim daily. How could this have just appeared!?

Yep, mine started doing this very recently. I have no idea how it can just start doing this. The mind boggles.

Same for me, just started happening today.

Mine started doing it too. Very annoying!