Sim rate and time lapse

Hi

Does anybody know how to use lapse time in MSFS or is it a limitation it has?

Thanks
Carlos

It is there. Also try to post a more concise topic next time please. Makes it easier to find your post :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for replying.
There is indeed a sim rate option but it seems not to work as I have tried already
I wish there was a way just to accelerate time as in P3D to see the whole day cycle from dawn to night
Thanks a lot for your concern.
Cheers
Carlos

It works for me. Are you on live players? Then it might not work.

Hi
Thank you for your speedy reply
No, I don’t fly on live players
I press the r +/- but it does nothing

Cheers
Carlos

Hello sry,

can you be kind change name of your topic to be somehow near your problem? I think all users then can better profit from it because of relevant name, now is name of topic not ok :slight_smile:

If r +/- isnt working for you, try remapping both “decrease sim rate” and “increase sim rate” to something else:

In this example I just use “[” and “]” to increase and decrease sim rates.

Try Ctrl + the NumPad +/- keys. That works for me, although the +/- keys also perform a zoom function at the same time even though they shouldn’t with Ctrl pressed

Agree, thanks
I was not sure if I was posting correctly this is my first time here
Thanks for the tip
Cheers

1 Like

Hi
I did it already with other combination
I am actually trying to use it in the external camera but seems to do nothing, is a bit weird as any other thing has worked fine even my own mapping
I’ll keep on trying
Thanks for your time
Cheers

Hi
Ok I’ll try those
Thanks
Cheers

Carlos,

I remapped to “Left Ctrl” plus “Numpad +” (to increase time speed) and "Left Ctrl " plus "Numpad - " to reduce/slow it.

This has worked for me.

Of course, time compression such as what we’re accustomed to with PMDG is not yet available in MSFS. But I’m sure it will be implemented at some stage either by MS/Asobo or the individual 3rd party devs.

Hi
Thank you all for the assistance
I’m afraid I didn’t understood Orthi’ s question about live players
Yes, I always fly live. I have 100 mg internet so I profit that
So I think as Orthi said it might not work in that mode
Thanks again
Cheers