Sim Update 10 coming soon. Any expectations?

7 days ago, the flight sim community named FS-Elite said that the confirmed release date of Sim Update 10 is August 23rd, 2022. Which took us almost 2 months left. Does anyone have expectations?

If you know this is coming, then it doesn’t matter.

Time Zone for upcoming release date:
6am6/10/20225iv508am8/23/20222iv20

I’ll be interested to see if DLSS2 brings any real performance advantages. I’d like to see what FSR2 can do as well as it might influence my next GPU purchase but I don’t think that’a scheduled for SU10

2 Likes

The SU move was mentioned in writing as early as the 02-June Development Update.

You can subscribe to the Community News & Announcements Channel by clicking on the Alarm Bell in the Upper Right and selecting the setting most appropriate to your notification requirements.

2 Likes

No experience they want to be sure it ready from what I heard

What about being on a phone?

The notification is independent of the device you are using the forum on. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

You can still do it in a phone as @Hester40MT said.

I have no expectations whatsoever, I really have a life.

3 Likes

Thank you for informing us that you have a life, and suggesting that those of us with expectations do not. That was weird…

33 Likes

Ok folks, take it easy. No sniping please.

3 Likes

Will there be a test for SU10?

Yes. We will announce here on the forums and in our Weekly Development Update Blog when the public test for SU10 is available to players. As with previous tests, we want to stress that this is not an “early access” build for people who want to try SU10 before its official release. The public test is specifically for people who wish to assist the dev team by testing the patch notes and confirming the things that were supposed to be fixed are actually fixed and searching for regressions (things that previously worked but are now broken).

17 Likes

I’m expecting DX12 coming out from beta state, improving the overall performance based on the ideal hardware recommendations from microsoft/Asobo. It’ll be now time for it, 2 years after initial release …

4 Likes

My expectations on SUX?

Fix 3 little bugs, break 5 major features.
Maybe I am mistaken. I will know on 2022.08.23.
And maybe I get surprised because of my little expectations.

6 Likes

My biggest hope (not expectation) is that they resolve the issue of performance loss with popout windows. For those that are currently able to use the DX12 Beta renderer, this seems to be fixed. I don’t know if this was an intended fix or an accidental side effect, as that “fix” came before this bug was even on Asobo’s radar, even though it had been reported since launch. But I hope this survives to the release version.

DLSS will be cool for VR users whose poor GPUs are being hammered hard. I don’t think this will have a noticeable effect on performance for most other users as most folks are CPU limited, but it may allow for better visuals at the same setting, which is a nice cosmetic upgrade. Chances are, if folks have a GPU capable of DLSS, they’re probably not GPU limited. For those with older GPUs where that’s their bottleneck, FSR will likely be more of a performance increase.

Multi-monitor support is something I’m looking forward to. Whether it will be in the sim or not is still unknown, and how good it will be is also a big question mark. DLSS may be able to help with that if it is.

In any case, I have some hopes, but have learned to keep expectations low.

3 Likes

I have some expectations for almost all of the things they mention will be in su10. The thing that worries me most is even if those things are implemented or fixed that other things that we didn’t thought would be touched gets broken instead. Has been like that since release of this sim. An issue gets fixed maybe 1 or many other issues is there instead also learned to not have too high expectations.

A question though. All of the bugs reported in the beta here on the forum are the devs checking those before you moderators closing them down? I reported issues and 1 hour later they were closed because i mentioned it in another thread that discussed general things. I think all of the bugs reported in a beta should be looked at. Closing reported issues without devs knows for sure it’s not an issue is a bad thing in my opinion. Maybe in the beta not many has noticed same issue yet and will become a bigger issue after the official release.

1 Like

I don’t think its possible to have EXPECTIONS at this point. After every update we have to pray for a HOTFIX. :innocent:

12 Likes

I hope this time around Asobo will actually listen, and not ship anyways despite people reporting regressions.

9 Likes

Hopefully they will fix more big bugs

2 Likes

Exactly. That seems to be the theme for pretty much all the beta tests so far. Bugs reported that are directly related to the SU’s release notes get fixed for release or in a hotfix followup a couple of weeks later. Regressions get tossed into the outstanding bug pile for fixing later and like most long-standing bugs, don’t get fixed. That’s not how beta testing is supposed to work.

9 Likes