Sim Update 3 [03.09.2021]

Hoping for some of those performance optimisations they’ve been working on! :pray:

3 Likes

See, it used to work fine with near 50 fps. There’s no indication of any issue with hardware at all as it all checks out with tests and benchmarks in other software. Gives me the same results as it did back when I got it about 2 years ago.

And like I said, if everything is running swimmingly well, you apply the latest patch, and it suddenly runs like hot garbage, typically the issue is the change you made.

But the part that really baffles me is this…

which seems to point to something else clogging your system most likely software… and with your hardware compared to mine 50 fps is what i would expect it to run at too

Like I said, every test I run, be it benchmark or stress test, all is good. My astrophotography processing software can hammer all my cores at 100% for extended periods of time, and no issues there either. This system runs like a scalded cat at everything.

I used to run MSFS like a champ too. The only thing that changed from it running well to running like garbage was the update.

then im sorry i don’t know but you are right it should run better while mines not amazing performance considering my hardware it runs well (pretty smooth) which makes me wary of blaming the update

Just for yuks and giggles, everyone try running your Reliability system rating per this thread.

Even though it only goes back a few weeks into February, every last one of my Red Stop X errors in Windows happened AFTER World Update 3.

More so, out of all those Stop X’s only ONE was NOT flightsimulator.exe related. The outlier was, drum roll, Gamebar which is related to XBox Gaming Services which you need for the Sim. Naturally!

Yeah, I’ve already checked it before. That why I know my system is rock solid outside of MSFS. The majority of the red X I see is Microsoft.gaming.services or flightsimulator.exe causing the issue. My graph rides near 10 until MSFS runs, then there’s a dip.

The only other one that has crashed on me is Air Manager Beta, which I do run with MSFS, but even without it running and its bridge service disabled (I’ve already tried and ruled it out as being the issue), I still see the same low performance.

Are there any other news about the update timing beyond two conflicting roadmap sourced dates ?

Kind regards.

1 Like

Nothing official that I’ve seen. I think the update will be today as most updates are on a Tuesday. The roadmaps aren’t entirely inconsistent - it looks to me like the sim update 3 line under 11th March in the Web only version from 4th March blog just didn’t include the date in brackets that you can see in the visual version from the week before.

However I was expecting a bit more of a forum frenzy today, so maybe everyone thinks it is Thursday

As far as I know;
Tuesday is update-day.
Thursday is weekly blog update-day.

Today is the day. If not, it’s next week.

6 Likes

That’s my thinking too

Well can we have some form of confimation from MSFS staff… is it today? or the 11th be cause it’s about as clear as mud yet again!

@Jummivana - any chance of confirmation one way or the other?

@Jummivana - confirmation if update is on 9th March would be appreciated - that would stop all the speculation. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

No need for speculation. Life on earth will continue regardless if it’s released today or on Thursday.

2 Likes

I think it’s 4AM in Seattle, Jayne is unlikely to be here at this time.

In some hours we will confirm or not if the update is today or 11

They are doing a good job taking our concerns and trying to fix them as quickly as possible. In my own opinion they should focus on the sim itself for now then worry about the world updates. Make sure everything is working as intended not trial and error.

3 Likes

Hopefully one day MS will be able to clearly communicate a date :wink:

2 Likes

From Development Roadmap - Microsoft Flight Simulator

March 11th:

Trailer (TBA)
**Sim Update 3**
Feedback Snapshot
SDK Update
3rd Party Update
SDK Features
    In-Sim Contrails Visual FX