Sim Update 4 testing sign ups

Yes it appears now. And BTW like many users in this thread, I also had to download 175GB again…

1 Like

Yes, I’m back in now. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hey guys, sorry to bother you - but I’ve got a weird problem. I did not sign up for any testing but today when I started MSFS, the game asked me to download a mandatory patch via MS Store. I did, it was 1GB. After that, I started the MSFS again and it seemed that it wiped the long-term-memory of my Flight Simulator. The initial message on the start screen was the first welcome message that you would read after a fresh installation and it asked me to download a 63GB Patch.
Could this have something to do with the Sim Update? Plus - the download is awfully slow… (The MS Store update had a +100MBits rate - so it’s not on my end…)

Greetings,
Steve

i was on 1.15.10
i was part of the previous tester group
after update it still shows 1.15.10

what version should it be ?

So guys - read comments above… there is clearly a bug going on with those who got accepted into the beta, especially if (like me) Windows Store is asking you to redownload the sim again.

See @Jummivana message about 3 hours ago, she asked that you DM her specific answers to 3 questions so the team can look into it.

The only thing that matters, ATC and Average Yaw Control… not so much.

well no one has answered me.
after the xbox insider totaly uninstalled my sim and redownloaded the same version (1.15.10.0)see above reply to Jummivana.
i believe there was a serious problem which i cant fix from my end
i did what i was instructed but still on apparently the same build

1.15.10.0 is the correct build. There is a bug at the moment unfortunately where you will be asked to do a mandatory update if you signed up for the test.

yes i know, i did the mandatory update and i am saying that it completely deleted my original build and made me do another 170 GB download AGGGHH
its so confusing i dont know why they didnt assign a beta tag to distinguish the differnce between the two builds ALPHA an BETA
also it would appear that it has effected the VR mode (the Beta) freezing for long periods while going into VR
PS thank you for your reply
i hope i dont have to do ANOTHER reinstall

1 Like

They should not be even mentioning any of these setback: issues – NDA !!!

The actual build for the beta is not out yet :slight_smile: It comes out tomorrow. Which makes this bug even more confusing. Sorry y’all!

The private forum section will also open up tomorrow, and then we will move all these conversations there in the NDA sections.

5 Likes

These issues are unrelated to the beta

dear oh dear oh dear

Please tell me i dont have to Download another 175 GB tomorrow then

huh?? What are you talking about?

They’re looking into it - obviously wasn’t intentional… just breathe. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can breath fine … I am not a MSFS Alpha/Beta tester and after some thorough testing and configuration of my PC, (and removing rouge addons) I no longer get any CTDs.

Life is sweet :stuck_out_tongue:

Why must beta tests for updates have to have NDAs? What are you trying to hide? Please move towards getting rid of this and making the beta branch public.

2 Likes

Solved, thank you for the info.

Since you ask the question my answer would be, do they? The flight planning map is atrocious and has been since launch and all the way through the alpha and beta, presumably. Asobo don’t appear the grasp the simple strategy of fixing things that are most visible to let people know they are listening. Show me tangible improvements to the basics then I’ll believe you, until then though…

1 Like