Sim Update 7 Live Weather regression - a broken mess

Other than some forum moderators on here confirming to us that the team is aware, the only other thing they’ve said was over on Twitter, other than that we’ve sadly had no official word as you say.

There’s meant to be a DEV update today, so we’ll see what they say, if we even get one.

Ok didn’t see that. At least that’s something. Hurry up and wait I guess.

1 Like

Sadly, I beleive what they are referring to there has to do with the clouds heights, METARS, etc…we don’t even have any clear indication if this temprature thing is related or what. Radio silence…crickets…etc.

Yeah it’s all just a guessing game, as it always is with anything to do with MSFS. Sadly communication has never been their strong point

Is it only me that thinks the movement of the clouds also feels wrong. Like they goes up instead of horizontally?

Yeah I believe this has been pointed out already, like they rise up vertically. I’ve observed it also

yes, feels almost dizzy looking at them. What can cause that though?

1 Like

No idea, just another part of the weather that is broken I guess

Obligatory weather check. Still bad, clouds too low. What did I expect? :smiley:
METAR LKMT 022130Z 03010KT 9999 OVC047 03/M01 Q1001 NOSIG

1 Like

And still no Dev update. hmmm

I think it always drops later. Everytime I checked the next day… it probably drops in the very early morning the next day for me. It should be a matter of a few hours now.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m at UTC time and the last dev update was around 11:45pm UTC, so still time indeed

1 Like

I’m CET, so one hour ahead. Don’t know if I’ll still be awake for that, gotta go to work tomorrow forecasting weather at LKMT :smiley:

1 Like

You think Asobo is doing this intentionally?

I get it’s frustrating but some of the comments in these threads are just absurd.

1 Like

I don’t think they are doing this intentionally at all, that would make no business sense. However, the communication is pretty poor which causes concern amongst many, which in turn leads to ridiculous threads as you mention.

6 Likes

Something is very wrong today. As I’m climbing out of Sydney in the King Air I notice it seems to be climbing at an alarming rate, VS was set at 1600ft/m but to me it looked to be climbing well over 2000ft/m going by the altimeter. Then at just over FL250 I get the Cabin Diff Pressure warning, that never goes off at that level. I’ve only had it go off above FL310. Temperatures are normal, but something is not right with pressures… could be an incorrect data issue from Live weather.

Yeah, the live weather is just a total mess right now

1 Like

Its funny because I’ve been flying the King Air round Australia for the past couple of weeks and the only issue I’ve run into is Live Weather failing to load. But today, it seems something has been changed (maybe with the servers) to completely screw up Live Weather.

1 Like

Oh, and as I typed that Azure services dropped out :roll_eyes: #welldonemicrosoft

1 Like

Yeah, the whole experience with MSFS at the moment is really just not good. We only all hope for a hotfix soon

1 Like