Sim Update 7 Live Weather regression - a broken mess

I like the predicted weather. Looks more real than those metar circles placed with clouds. Maybe not accurate but realistic as i prefer :slight_smile:

As we have already discussed, metar is also not (always) accurate. The only way to have accurate weather is to go outside the door. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think my computer will like it there. I know I don’t.

1 Like

I would rather use the word “in-sync” than “accurate”. Because metar weather (as the way it was with P3D and such) isn’t really an accurate “representation”.

4 Likes

Yes and they can’t be in-sync because they are two complete different things. They need to manipulate it to look in-sync but will never be. The more difference the harder to make them in-sync. Good word for it :slight_smile: In-sync is the right word to use.

For me, it doesn’t have to be accurate, but believable. For me, an approximation to the real weather is enough. In short, just as it was before SU7.

3 Likes

That’s what I am saying. I think many confuse the word “accurate” with “in-sync”.
When the real report for an airport is OVC and dry and the sim injects BKN with rain then it’s not “in-sync”.
But the simulator may still be rendering an “accurate” BKN condition with rain and accurate simulation of what a BKN condition with rain is all about.
But for P3D (incl. Active Sky) it mostly was the other way around. It was 'in-sync" but lacked accuracy in the simulation department.
Which was mainly P3D limitations rather than active sky.

1 Like

FSX/P3D was hard to bear without active sky. :wink:

I wonder if some has changed their minds about including METAR after SU7? I have because i only wished the visibity was included from it but i rather have it like it was if it was meant to be like this.

1 Like

Problem is, many do not see the difference at all. They might only notice this if there are no clouds left, or if they suddenly look pink or so
 :wink: I think there are also many (causal players, reno, etc.) who don’t even know what a cold front is.

1 Like

It was “unusable”. That’s why I wish for a little more perspective on the matter and for many to stop being hypocritical. I mean msfs got to the point where the default weather engine for many was much more favorable than all the available 3rd party products. That’s quite an achievement.
Of course that doesn’t soften what they have done to the weather engine in update 7.
But I choose to give them a chance and see whats what.

1 Like

Maybe but why change the weather then? I know many wanted the METAR to inject those lower parts that meteoblue has hard to predict but injecting clouds from it and removing clouds that meteoblue injects will only destroy the realistic weather in my opinion. And it will not be In-sync. But as you say many don’t think in a bigger picture. Maybe on that local spot i don’t know realy.

As you can see in this video. A wall of clouds in a circle around the METAR if they are not in-sync.

1 Like

1 Like

And that cloud band is from meteoblue i’m sure of. Metar can never create something like that.

I also assume that this cloud band in the distance is from meteoblue because it is directly above the North Sea.

1 Like

Yes, and how can a METAR know it is a cloud band there? METAR does not report things like that. That’s why i like meteoblue. It creates things different in the weather all the time.

Isn’t it wonderful when they keep breaking a feature that has been broken since release date?

Yes, they should have improved the system they had. Now i don’t know what system they have. Hybrid or something that creates more problem for them to handle.

If you look at this picture you can see how much weather is missing between those local METAR reports and then suddenly those local METARs gets in and changes the weather that is predicted.

no there are clearly stratus clouds missing, what you see here is the extent/cover usable (according to the maps) but it should be continuous stratus/stratocumulus clouds instead of these cumulus clouds - and that makes the difference.
normally it would be a (almost) closed cloud cover here - no active METAR station !

but the strange thing is - that it is not always “wrong” - as stated in my screenshots yesterday.

whatever is wrong or not wrong, I can’t say anymore!

2 Likes