I think it may be a good idea to keep a thread dedicated to actual or suspected bug discovered in Sim Update 5 and avoid topics like installation issues, download speed issues, performance issues like we have in other threads.
Here is what I have so far:
- Spoiler toggle key assignment no longer work . I have it mapped to joystick and to keyboard and they fail to deploy in multiple planes I tried it on. I tried re-mapping it, use new key - no go.
- Cannot start flight with the newly released DC-8 Orbis Flying Hospital - The ‘Fly’ button stayes ‘grayed out’ when selecting this plane. All other planes I tried so far are ok.
- When flying and pressing ‘Esc’ key to get to / change settings screen, you can not longer press ‘Esc’ key again to get back int he game. You have to use your mouse to press 'Resume". In the past we could use ‘Esc’ key to get back to the game.
- Aircraft’s Call Sign, flight number, tail number no longer get saved like it did before. When you close the game, they are gone.
- Random CTD with Exception code: 0xc0000005 is back - I recall I had this issue in the past but thought it was fixed long time ago. It has been stable until now . I am on my 6th CTD. I do LOVE the performane improvments (50% fps increase) but not with the CTD 0xc0000005 crashes.
- In control options - we used to be able to press a joystick key and it would highlight the action the key is assigned to. This no longer works and does not highlight which action is taking place on key press.