Sim Update V (1.18.13.0) Bug Megathread

It’s blatantly obvious that rushing out the Xbox version and bringing in the cash was way more important than the PC users who have financed the Sim from the beginning. We have been dumped on from a very great height!

4 Likes

Agree. PC users had perfectly working sim, and now some cant even play. Others can but its a mess. I don’t believe anyone has fully working sim.

This is my sim now:

All I can do is navigate main menus, game never loads after FLY NOW, stuck on 100% with clean install, community files or not.

1 Like

I was thinking I would start from fresh with all my controllers but Microsoft has made that totally impossible not only are they inaccessible in the Store Version, but they are also on the Microsoft Cloud which is inaccessible. That’s why, if you re-install the Sim completely you will still have the settings that may be incompatible with this update, so has anyone got any idea what we can do?

If I delete all my profiles from all controllers and leave only Default will that mean they are gone?
( because as soon as I plug the TCA controllers back in I will guarantee the old settings will appear)

But I still don’t think the problem is with controllers, I disconnected everything so only the Mouse and keyboard remain plugged in, and re-started the sim.

In the control options
1/ I click on any menu to expand it and nothing happens ( if I leave them for a few minutes then one or
two may expand) P.S. this is OK now after removing all profiles.

2/ If you bind a key to any function and press that key, nothing happens ( it does not light up )

3/ If you try to select a different profile for another aircraft that menu locks up for minutes.

I think I will have to contact the ZEN desk as I can’t see a way out of this.

I’ve worked out why the graphics are flashing on the pause page as shown a few threads above. I had a key on the joystick assigned to the esc key on they keyboard. Pressing the actual esc key works fine it only happens when you press the joystick key.

Somehow in the update the same key has been assigned to toggle the drone cam as well. I’ve unbound it from the drone cam and its fine again.

1 Like

Do you have the summer trees installed? Either from Simmarket or the marketplace? They seem to cause thisa behaviour. I had the same problem, removing them solved it.

1 Like

I spoke too soon the sim is once again refeusing to start getting so far into the start up sequence before crashing my computer and restarting it. My computer has only ever ctded as such on one occasion every other time has been a crash with reboot.

The settings for the sensitivity of Game Controllers (for example Joystick) are bugged too. Many of the setting goes to the wrong way. Right/Left achses, Deadzone, Neutral and so on . Most of them is inverted, but it should´nt inverted, also it is not marked as inverted.

1 Like

I fixed it by moving the “manual override” lever to fully forward. It has a red strip next to it. Then the Daher throttle worked. But not the end of my troubles. The sim just crashes to desktop after 5 minutes. Why did they have to mess with it. I was working fine before this update !

There are still no buildings in part of Helsinki in Finland. The trees are displayed correctly. I have cleared the Rolling cache and the manual cache. Additionally, Content.xml has been removed. Rolling cache is not running.

The Simulator Community is empty. I have saved the add-ons elsewhere.

Is there a bug in the latest update of MS / Asobo, because before that everything worked and in Helsingin and elsewhere the houses appeared right?

I guess its much easier to post here what actually works :-(. This is the worst update I have ever come across in my whole simmer life. Back in the times from FSX I had the chance to be in the beta tester team for the Aces Team from Microsoft and had an Alpha. That was more stable then this mess. CTD after CTD. Loading time for the sim to start 30 minutes. Once it is started its faster then before. ATC? a joke? Sends me to the opposite for starting and so flying into the AI. Nose wheel on most of the default not working. When I start having a stable framerate of 30 and then switch to AI for sightseeing, voila 1 framerate then 2, then 20 then CTD. So when can we expect and update for the update and Team of Asobo, you did a fine job before, Sim was very nice until July 26. What happened to your Beta Testers, did they run away, cause this update is a joke.

3 Likes

The sim now includes an automatic trim for cruise. I think it’s in the assistance options/piloting. I had to turn it to off to regain control of trim.

1 Like

I also have no working fuel valves in at least the twin Baron and the C172. You cannot even assign a button to it, as it wont work. I have to use copilot to start the aircraft and even that seems to be messed up. I have been starting on the runway now with the engine running.

I couldn’t start the C172 classic either; however, there is a fuel shutoff valve hidden behind the co-pilot yoke (I think), Once I found it and turned on the fuel it worked.

Wow they really broke the snot out of this thing with SU5, but it does run smoother.

For me in VR, any add-on VFR maps are now not working. The mods need updated. And the default VFR map will not appear when you hit the key for it until a few seconds.

The scroll wheel on the mouse wont work on the baron so you can’t spin the fuel selectors or hold the ignition key in the start position.

1 Like

Actually, a lot of even official market content has broken. I spent a day to find out that official Dubai scenery hangs MSFS.
Later I was able to find out that official regional traffic addon broke the entire ground traffic.
It’s frightening to be one on one with such situations. Nobody can help. Even if your the Community folded is empty it doesn’t mean that you’re safe.
It’s might be okey for external third party content. But this content looks quite official, doesn’t it?

1 Like

Uninstall any additional content even though it is official. Only core content works appropriately. Trust me official content has broken as third party as well. I reinstall MSFS completely before I could figure out what happens.

Try to uninstall everything except the core content! Even official one!
I had the same issue even after full reinstall.

on a small airport in the desert in Africa called El Borma, I could announce “runway clear” as much as i wanted.It wouldnt let me proceed requesting taxiing to parking
There was a small parking though,but maybe the game doesn’t recognize it as parking

This might be a relevant wishlist topic on it:

In my flight after that from El Borma to Quargla there was a rooftop floating in the air ,without a building.

This airport allowed me to taxi to parking,however

Catastrophy…Mz thrustmaster does not work properly. The left engine does not work properly. Fly on wire A320 is dead. The The strobes have a bug. Alot of airports with paywares crash the simulator…Does anyone find out the solution? or do we have to wait for another update?

It does for me, but I’m also using Navigraph and have the latest Navigraph data in my Community folder - not sure if this would make a difference? ATB, Matt.