Sim Update V (1.18.13.0) Bug Megathread

I see these issues:

1. Random CTDs. I can’t pin point where. Sometimes in flight planning, sometimes when loading a flight and sometimes during a flight. Seems more prevalent with VR (Reverb G2) on, but I cannot say for sure.
  2. Sometimes I cannot click menu items. The mouse cursor moves over the interface, but can’t click anything unless i kill it and relaunch.
  3. Trim is reversed - the mapped axis was reversed, the nose up/down is opposite of what it should be as indicated in the aircraft (otherwise i’d just reverse the axis).
  4. Trim axis no longer works for airplanes that have electric trim rocker switch.
  5. For the new amphibious airplanes, gear up/down doesn’t see any effect on the external model. In the xcub it keeps saying “gear up for water landing” even when the lever is in the up position.
1 Like

may i ask about your joystick issues? is it input lag? i’ve had random input lag/momentary no response since su5

Also unable to start a flight at Heathrow, London city or over London. Load screen gets stuck at about 60%. Empty Community Folder, reinstalled the Heathrow module from the Content Manager and also uninstalled both Orbx London addons via Orbx Central with no effect.

Also seeing the washed out colours are reporting.

(Have had a very positive performance impact though…)

1 Like

na no lag on the buttons i do get to work with the little time i manage to test it yesterday, what it is is that the mapping is everywhere, i try to reset which button is mapped to where but when i press button 11 for example it comes up on flight sim that ive input button 9, its like that for a few buttons, there all over the place

I experienced very strange behaviour with pedal input, rudder and brakes, i thought certain times was not recognised at all.
Now that i read this post it might in fact be lagging, not sure

I can add:
• CTD after a while, when flying no matter where
• CTD, when doing Thrustmaster configuration

Ping me when the game is fixed, see you in 2022 folks

2 Likes

I have the same problem, I discovered yesterday that if I hold the right mouse button the pedals and the yoke and the throttle won’t move but after releasing the mouse button everything works again.

Lost all nav data after this update: ATC data/areas, frequencies, nav aids etc. Only full reinstall solved the issue. Spent two days investigating the issue.

The same for me.
Sorry, but you have to reinstall MSFS. Don’t forget to backup all sensitive data beforehand.
The issue was eliminated after full reinstall for me.

1 Like

what do you mean by sensitive data and if you own it on the microsoft store will it appear in my libary after unistall so can install it again ?

Yes, it should.
Once I lost all my achievements just during logoff-logon procedure. So now I’m trying to backup everything that couldn’t be downloaded right from the store: configs, community mods etc.

Hi Root68
I have been using the dev versions before but for the last 2 months I have been using the in-game FBW A320 and it has been working perfectly. But Asobo has trashed the Control Options and nothing works correctly anymore.
My next plan is to remove all controllers, delete all config controllers files and start again, hopefully with all default settings. I don’t hold out much hope as there is so much wrong in the control section. Menus not expanding, key bindings don’t light up when selected, functions don’t work as they used to, it’s a mess.

• The flaps in GA aircraft are not controllable most of the time.
    When I try to move them up or down they just return to their initial position.
    I thought something has messed up my controller settings, but I couldn‘t find anything that would interfere.
    Once airborne they were suddenly controllable again after a while.
    In my next flight the same happend again, I didn`t try flying again.

• Using a Reverb G2, the view is tilted in one out of three atempts to fly in VR.

• CTD, never had them before.

1 Like

Totally agree, I had everything working perfectly, now I don’t even have a Sim to use.

4 Likes

I narrowed down the graphics glitching when esc is pressed.

Its flashing between different camera views, in my case between the cockpit and wing view camera and its a 50/50 chance when it press resume where I’ll end up, half the time I end up with a wing view when I was in the cockpit and I have to keep repeating the process until I end up back in the cockpit.

Quality in VR is abysmal as well, everything judders now unless I lower the LOD down to about 80, it was fine on 100+ before.

Mine no longer opens…crashes before main menu ever shows up.

I have been using the Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle/Joystick combination with the FBW option sucessfully for the last month (that is it works successfully, my flying not so successful) but since the update both A320 versions ( the original and FBW versions) spawn where they’re supposed to and promptly shut down the left hand engine. The Engine won’t restart. Unplugging the throttle solves the problem of engine shutdown, but whats the point of having the throttle if I can’t use it?

Edit1: Tried my Thrustmaster T-Flight stick, and that works OK
Edit2: Just found a lot of threads about E1 shutdown and a few workarounds. I put this post in this thread because E1 shutdown only happened to me after 1.18.13.0 was installed

1 Like

Cant leave a group I joined for multiplayer last night. No option to leave group. Can setup a flight but cannot change weather, time or any other options as the flight conditions is greyed out.

I’m locked to the setting the group leader created last night.

How can there not be an option to leave a group or why when you power off the machine does it not remove you from the group.

This is on XBOX for reference

After update I have same problem with assignment. It dosn’t matter witch input or controller I use (HONEYCOMB alfa/bravo or keyboard)