Sim Update V (1.18.13.0) Bug Megathread

Just a heads up that for me I had to uninstall Process Lasso or I would get repeated CTD’s.

Seems to be stable now, even with my community folder loaded with weather and plane mods.

And just for fun SU5 reinstalled the entire game on the wrong drive! (of course it had to be the slowest one). I did not choose this, so I had to reinstall the entire game again - twice in 4 days… Good times!

The good news is that I was able to fly my F35 for 4 hours last night w/ zero major issues.

Looking forward to hotfix #2, 3 and beyond!

Btw, does anyone else have large groups of people just disappear when you get closer to them? I had zero problems with this prior to SU5.

Cheers

My controls keep freezing momentarily. Can´t fly the airplane because every few seconds, my joystick and rudder inputs would not translate. Not a hardware problem, or else it would only be the Attack 3 or the Saitek pedals failing at once. Unplugging and replugging doesn´t work. Also, I´ve noticed that the Joystick sensitivity settings were way off when starting the sim the first time; I was constantly pushing too much right aileron though the joystick was in the neutral position

You‘re looking at the wrong chart and numbers :wink: We talk about VRAM, not RAM :wink:

Sitting on the Runway - looks like 9.5 GB.

Location mate?

KJFK 31L ,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

Need to add characters so there is over 10…

1 Like

Here are my readings on memory usage using Task manager and Developer mod.

Task Manager shows 8.8 Main Memory
Developer Mode shows 4.6 Main Memory
GPU Memory usage Task Manager shows 4.1
GPU Memory usage Developer Mode shows 3.0

Now my question is would it be legal for Microsoft not to have a disclaimer " If you use Microsoft Simulator 2020 be aware that your Main memory and GPU memory will be limited to the following
GPU 6.8 GB and Main Memory 6.5" and I am not sure if even with this statement it would be legal?
They are modifying your system capabilities?

1 Like

What about your community folder and 3rd party airports and software inside official folder?

Become totally fed up with it today. I’d had ok flights from Liverpool - Gibraltar - Manchester with the Dev A32NX yesterday. (Live weather off of course)

Went to do Manchester to Dubai and noticed from the start how blown out everything white was. Ignored it and got the flight going. On arrival to Dubai the entire game tanked. I was down to an unstable 13fps and the entire experience was essentially unplayable. Weirdly, GPU and CPU usage was abnormally low and temps much below their usual, so it was as though this sim wasn’t even trying to get any performance or visuals. I reluctantly landed, the graphics had become shocking on approach.

Weirdly, after I had landed the FPS had climbed to 25. I’ve a more than decent setup and lock my FPS to 30 in Nvidia.

I’ve uninstalled and deleted everything MSFS related and will come back to it once I see other users happy with its performance. So probably in months or even years :rofl:

1 Like

Flying from KJFK towards Manhattan at 1/2 way the whole island comes into existence.

System:
Intel core i9 10980xe runnin @ 4.9 18 cores and threads. water cooled.
Asus Rampage VI extreme encore. water cooled.
64 gigs gskill 4,000.
2 x m.2 on raid 0 2TB for OS and m.2 2TB storage.
Evga hybrid FTW3 3090.

I am not following your question.
“community folder and 3rd party airports and software inside official folder?”

Those are storage on my Samsung 970 Plus M.2 SSD.
I don’t consider it having anything to do with memory.

Task Manager shows 8.8 Main Memory
Developer Mode shows 4.6 Main Memory
GPU Memory usage Task Manager shows 4.1
GPU Memory usage Developer Mode shows 3.0

Now my question is would it be legal for Microsoft not to have a disclaimer " If you use Microsoft Simulator 2020 be aware that your Main memory and GPU memory will be limited to the following
GPU 6.8 GB and Main Memory 6.5" and I am not sure if even with this statement it would be legal?
They are modifying or limiting your system capabilities?

For sure not on RWY “ready to fly”.

LOD 4/4 Ultra settings 2K
KJFK RWY 31L

That is with all other apps running.

Important is > “used mem game”.

btw.
I play without stuttering.

Nice hints. Did someone test what will happen with the RAM usage regarding manual cache
(not rolling cache) / pre download an area and fly then offline. My last info was that the manual cache function / pre download of an area not work anymore. I could not check this at the moment.

I would like to see the memory use in using Microsoft Developer Mode.

Yes sir!

Thanks, very similar to my reading: GPU 3.8MB and main memory 4.6MB

You’re welcome sir.